Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: photos of the hermetite capri at goodwood today
Capri Power Archive Forum > Capri Power Community > Capri Chit Chat
2ltr ford capri
Hello chaps. thought id upload a few photos of todays events at the goodwood festival of speed. les blackburn was there along with mike crabtree. the two original drives of that car. i was working on the team just running about and doing ods and sods as i will be doing for the weekend for the team. also david margaeles the man responsible for getting the car running again was there (sorry i cant spell his name) also a few other people from the past. im just to young to know any of them. anyway heres the photos. today a friend of the owner of the car took the car out and tomorrow les will be driving it.
pez
very nice,glad to see its in safe hands,and not just been left to rot somewhere.
2ltr ford capri
it is smile.gif its had 2 restos i think biggrin.gif
lardy101
the mk1 is a pure work of art up there with Da Vinci
2ltr ford capri
yeah it is lovely and sounds sweet as a nut.

was a really good day today. the hermetite capri got a blow out on the top turn around and we didnt have a spare for the front so we had to borrow one of my capri from the car park:D so part of my capri has raced down goodwood hillclimb:P
Diana Midnight
QUOTE (2ltr ford capri @ Jul 4 2009, 06:04 PM) *
yeah it is lovely and sounds sweet as a nut.

was a really good day today. the hermetite capri got a blow out on the top turn around and we didnt have a spare for the front so we had to borrow one of my capri from the car park:D so part of my capri has raced down goodwood hillclimb:P

Hi Ollie,
Jane and I walked up that steep hill to the top paddock twice yesterday but on both accounts the marshalls weren't letting anyone in rolleyes.gif Tell Les good luck for today and that we were sorry not to meet him again (and your good self) and that we took some video footage on both runs. What an excellent show.
I'll give Les a call tomorrow tell him,
cheers,
Kev
2ltr ford capri
we did look out for you kev. sorry we missed you too. it was a real adventure yest. when les blew out his tyre me and the other mechanic managed to get a VIP landrover to drive us down to the car park get the wheel off my car then drive us back up to the top turn around. we then butted through the crowd. jumped over the fence ran down got a couple of marshals to help rock the car to get the wheel back on. the we all hopped back into the vip landrover drove down to drivers club. blagged our way in there and had a lot of free food and drink and sat next to jacky stweart biggrin.gif

what a day
Diana Midnight
Les Blackburn in the Mk2 group 1 racer on the second run up the hill

and a Mr J Mass in the Mk1 RS

CMF
Did any of those who Went go down to the bottom and watch the MAD Moutainbike display team?
2ltr ford capri
didnt know there was one. saw the landrover display. tha was about it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.