Capri Power Forum: R.i.p Julie Kings Lynn Capri Club - Capri Power Forum

Icon Sponsors

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

Welcome to Capri Power Forum

Welcome to Capri Power Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

R.i.p Julie Kings Lynn Capri Club Lancaster Bomber Event 2011

#1 User is offline   Laser 

• Laser
  • Group: Moderator Team
  • LocationOn the road again clocking up the miles
  • Drives:1.6 Laser and 2.0S

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:52 PM

R.I.P Julie (Kings Lynn Capri Club )

This email was passed on to me this afternoon it’s from Martin Wells of the Kings Lynn Capri Club. For many of you who attended the Lancaster Bomber event you may have spoken to Julie who has lost her fight with cancer today. On a personal note when we were holding the raffle we were Struggling to find the winner of Ticket No49 if those of you who attended may recall. Clare went on a search and located the winner who was Julie she was sitting in the Naffi
Julie was so pleased and decided whatever happened she was going to ‘do it’ and get in the Bomber We only found out just how ill she was after she leaned out the co-pilots window with a beaming smile ,pleasure at achieving something which she thought she would never do.

Posted Image

I think he wants people who knew her to know the sad news but doesn't know peoples email addresses.
Follows: Martins email forwarded to me By Kevin Hickling (Mk2 register)
This morning (Saturday 2nd July 2011) I lost my best friend and one of the best people in the world!
Julie lost her long and brave battle with cancer at the QE Hospital in Kings Lynn.
Naturally, being Ju, she went down fighting, but her last hours were peaceful and she slipped quietly away.
I don't really know what else to say except to keep her memory alive in a joyful way. She hated people being miserable.
If you had plans this weekend, still do it, just spare a moment to look up and remember she's checking up on every one of us.
Heaven will be getting tidied and organised as we speak!
I know I only have contacts for a fraction of the people whose lives she entered. In particular through her time with the Capri Club.
I ask you all to ensure that anyone else you can think of is told what has happened.
Please don't consider flowers or anything like that.
She discussed this with me and would like to make donations to MacMillan Nurses and Help for Heroes.

Sorry to bear sad news to you all.

Naturally, I won't be doing much emailing for a while but will come back to you all once I have arrangements made. I'd dearly love to exceed the capacity of Northwold Church and if you're free please come along and help me celebrate a truly extraordinary life and a truly lovely friend, mother and wife.

Thanks
Martin Wells

=

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   mk3laserboy 

• Essex Boy
  • Group: Members
  • LocationEssex
  • Drives:June'11 CF, Ashes To Ashes! Soon to become a 5ltr V8custom MK2 X-pack , custom exhaust system

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

..a real shock Francis..i only had a brief chat with Julie, didn't realise that she was that ill.
..pass on my condolences.

#3 User is offline   Clockwork Orange 

• Electrical !! what like wiring ??
  • LocationSunny Lanark, Scotland (ML11)
  • Drives:++ Mk II '78 series V8 ++

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:41 PM

Remember Julie from the day, Navigator of course being the observant one between us, remembers her better than me.
Sad loss, but to say that she was fighting her way to the end says a lot...
Sorry to hear the news, and our condolences to Family & Friends.

Just a wee V8, hopefully Rumbling along soon...
http://www.capripowe...-1985-laser-v8/

Posted Image
Fech off Photobucket - you blackmailing waste of space b'stards!

#4 User is offline   bluecapneal 

• LocationDartford Kent
  • Drives:2.8i X Pack MKII 3.0s MKII 3.4 X Pack Mondeo ST220

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:05 PM

Such sad new's condolences to her family and freinds, may she now be free from pain and in a better place. Our thoughts are with her.
Neal Jane Connor and Liam (Bluecapneal's family).

#5 User is offline   robns 

• Locationwelling kent
  • Drives:rivera mk 3 s on twin 4os

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

sad news thoughts with the family. my uncle died at age 48 of cancer. may the kings lynn capri club show her a welcome send off.
atb rob

Posted Image
Posted Image
TWIN 40S ARE COSTING ME A FORTUNE IN FUEL !!!
visit my website . kents no 1 mobile car valeting service www.casrovaleting.co.uk

#6 User is offline   Laser 

• Laser

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:53 PM

Just had this Reply from Martin
Francis,
Thanks for your reply.
Thanks also for the wonderful opportunity for Julie to sit in the Lancaster. Still can't believe the draw wasn't rigged.
Perhaps you can explain the circumstances of her Lancaster tour and its significance to the other members of the forum and pass on my sincerest thanks for hosting us on that day not so very long ago.
It truly made her day and was something she'd dreamt of for years.
Keep in touch
Regards
Martin

=

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Paul Finney 

• Paul Finney
  • LocationManea. Cambs
  • Drives:2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:07 AM

Finn is a big butch alpha male welder, and he has no problem telling all those CP'ers that read this that he is in tears at this news, I have known Martin and Julie for a lot of years, was a member of KLCC, but drifted away, met up again this year at the Lanc do and never had any idea that Julie was so ill, she hid it so well. Finn.

#8 User is offline   Diana Midnight 

• LocationHertfordshire
  • Drives:Black 1.6 GTS (JPS) . 1978 3.0 Ghia auto. 2014 Alfa Romeo Mito Sportiva

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:25 AM

Great loss. Known the Well's for a long time. If people can remember, Martin tried to get a mile of Capri's at his show (Police Gala Day) for the 30th anniversary of the Capri, but just fell short.
Sorry Francis, posted a tribute to Julie in Capri chat.
Would be nice to give Julie a good send off if a few Capri's would turn up at the church as Martin has requested.
Kev.

This post has been edited by Diana Midnight: 03 July 2011 - 01:26 AM

Posted Image

www.capri2register.co.uk The home of the Mk2 Capri

CAPRI MK2 REGISTER NATIONAL DAY ~ 12 JUNE 2016, STOCKWOOD PARK, LUTON, BEDS.

#9 User is offline   Bombhead 

• Dan
  • LocationSleaford. Originally Derby.
  • Drives:Diamond White '86 2.8i

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

Such a sad loss, having met her the once at her and Martins home she was such a happy person.
Very sorry to just hear the news, and my condolences to the family and friends.

Posted Image
Penelope C24 MGN

#10 User is offline   A17 LTF 

• LocationBlackburn, Lancashire
  • Drives:Ford Capri Mk3, Octavia VRS

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

Rip and condolonces to the whole family, very sorry to hear of your loss Martin.

#11 User is offline   ILWB 

• LocationBack of Beyond, Lincolnshire
  • Drives:the old man crazy

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:25 PM

I met Julie for the first time at the Lancaster Do and had no idea she was ill at all - she didn't mention it, bless her. My heart goes out to all her family and friends.

Posted Image
Shirl - AKA In Love With Both
Billy, my Capri and my hero

#12 User is offline   Laser 

• Laser

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:29 PM

Update received today

11 o'clock on Wednesday 13th July at Northwold Church with burial in Northwold Cemetery. Family flowers only. No Lilly's please. Donations to Macmillan Nurses and Help For Heroes. Care of RH Bond, Funeral Directors, Stoke Ferry.
Please make sure everyone else knows. Thank you.

=

Posted Image

#13 User is offline   Nick 

• LocationPreston, Lancashire
  • Drives:Capri Zetec & Octavia VRS

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

RIP Julie, Very sorry to hear this. Condolences to her family.

#14 User is offline   Laser 

• Laser

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:16 PM

Attended the funeral today as a mark of respect, and to show support the Martin and his family ,
I have a feeling Julie had the last word and was smiling down on all of us
Hearse pulled up, on its own
Only then did we realise that the Capri's asked to attend my had an added purpose not just as a symbol of her passion for the capri ,
We stepped in and the three Capri's followed at walking pace driving the Martin and his close family to the service in our Capri's
280, JPS and 2.0S ..on a route that passed some of her favorite places in this picturesque village .

On what was a difficult and emotional final journey for her I think we helped the day go smoothly and added something special for all of the family .
Francis

As a foot note
Martin Wells would like to pass on his sincere thanks on behalf of his family for the support and messages of sympathy

=

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   Diana Midnight 

• LocationHertfordshire
  • Drives:Black 1.6 GTS (JPS) . 1978 3.0 Ghia auto. 2014 Alfa Romeo Mito Sportiva

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:38 PM

Second that Francis. Martin and their sons Tom and Ben were very strong. A big thank you to Martin & Julie's family for making a big effort at a very difficult time to make us most welcome.
God bless Julie.
Kev.

Posted Image

www.capri2register.co.uk The home of the Mk2 Capri

CAPRI MK2 REGISTER NATIONAL DAY ~ 12 JUNE 2016, STOCKWOOD PARK, LUTON, BEDS.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of Capri Power(unless Capri Power is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this Capri Power forum does not mean that Capri Power has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to mail@capripower.co.uk. This forum is not monitored 24/7.