Capri Power Forum: Thanks To Wayne! - Capri Power Forum

Icon Sponsors

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

Welcome to Capri Power Forum

Welcome to Capri Power Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thanks To Wayne!

#1 User is offline   CliCon357 

• Group: Members
  • LocationLand Of The Shandy Drinkers
  • Drives:MK2 1976 2.0L GL (rotten), Mk3 1983 2.0L "S" (basically just the shell), MK3 1.6L Cabaret (nearest to being back on the road) - all in bits! Focus 2.0 Ghia Zetec for the daily drive!

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:00 PM

Just a post to say thank you to Wayne at Classic Mobile Welding for sorting out my daily hack. I bought the car as a work horse pure and simple as it's an estate and I've a LOT of DIY to do. The sill ends and arches were bubbling then tbh. Doing some rear arms recently and I felt things were getting a bit "crunchy". Having a dig and peeling off some under seal revealed the "true horror". Seems it's a common issue with these having felt/carpet rear arch liners that the mud just sticks to. In fact even when clean they stay wet!

Looking to keep the car for a while if possible so I had to get it done. I had hoped to have been in a position to have had my own garage sorted and had by now enough practice to tackle this myself but tbh it was a non starter. Looking around locally and I'd had offers to "patch it up for another year" but that seemed a bit defeatist. I tried a couple of CP traders one who politely declined and the other simply didn't get back to me. As a MK1 Focus Estate full sills and arches were toting up quite pricey. Looking at Wayne's site I thought his welding looked good so gave him a ring. Wayne offered to cut out locally and let in fully welded steel.

So......last weekend I drove it up to Leicester and met Wayne (Nial popped in too). I left the car there for the week and collected it this morning.

Before:

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is what came out:

Posted Image

All done:

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm going to lose the felt liners, paint the arches, apply a Shultz type coating instead then top coat.

So great job! Couldn't meet a nicer guy in Wayne down to the cuppa and lift to the station!

Many thanks again.

:thumbup1:

"Can I have a slice of your doody?"

#2 User is offline   A17 LTF 

• LocationBlackburn, Lancashire
  • Drives:Ford Capri Mk3, Octavia VRS

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:39 PM

Nice one Wayne. Great to hear of your good work from customers.

#3 User is offline   CliCon357 

• Drives:MK2 1976 2.0L GL (rotten), Mk3 1983 2.0L "S" (basically just the shell), MK3 1.6L Cabaret (nearest to being back on the road) - all in bits! Focus 2.0 Ghia Zetec for the daily drive!

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:01 PM

View PostA17 LTF, on 17 October 2015 - 09:39 PM, said:

Nice one Wayne. Great to hear of your good work from customers.

I was tempted to stay for curry night but I'm getting on OK with the missus at the moment! :lol:

#4 User is offline   A17 LTF 

• LocationBlackburn, Lancashire
  • Drives:Ford Capri Mk3, Octavia VRS

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:20 PM

View PostCliCon357, on 17 October 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

I was tempted to stay for curry night but I'm getting on OK with the missus at the moment! :lol:/>

I missed it last year and this year due to personal circumstances but hopefully next year (again attendance dependant on missus). Tis a good night though :)

#5 User is offline   Crash & Burn 

• Swivelhead, ret.
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Drives:'77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:04 AM

Liked, on Capri Power! (I want to know what Wayne does with those leftover pieces.)

#6 User is offline   Paul Finney 

• Paul Finney
  • LocationManea. Cambs
  • Drives:2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

A good job well done. Finn.

Posted Image

#7 User is offline   CliCon357 

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:04 AM

P.S. I added the mud streaks on the way back! Blame the roadworks on the A14! :lol:

#8 User is offline   gtv4wayne 

• Classic Mobile Welding
  • Group: Trader Team
  • LocationLeicester
  • Drives:calypso

Posted 19 October 2015 - 06:39 PM

Cheers mate,means a lot :headbang:: :headbang:: :headbang::

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of Capri Power(unless Capri Power is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this Capri Power forum does not mean that Capri Power has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to mail@capripower.co.uk. This forum is not monitored 24/7.