Capri Power Forum: Thanks To Paul Finney & Paul G - Capri Power Forum

Icon Sponsors

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

27/07/2017 - New user registration is now fixed.

Welcome to Capri Power Forum

Welcome to Capri Power Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Thanks To Paul Finney & Paul G Rover V8

#1 User is offline   Not_Anumber 

• Group: Members
  • LocationSouth East UK
  • Drives:2.8i 5 speed. Daily driver Audi A6. Previous Capris 1.6 L (with 2.1 pinto) + 2.8i Special. Project car MGB GT

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

A very big thank you to both Paul Finney and Paul G for passing the Rover V8 engine & LT gearbox nto me. This originated with Paul G who, when he decided not to use it gifted it to Paul Finney on the stipulation it would be used in an engine swap but should not be sold on.

Following Paul Finney's change of plans from V8 to Duratec power he very kindly offered it to me on the same basis. Ive taken it on the same terms and will be building it up for a V8 conversion. This will be going into an old MGB ive been slowly rebuilding on the drive for the last 3 years as I dont have space for another Capri shell.

#2 User is offline   Paulg 

• LocationHigh Wycombe
  • Drives:Capri 3.0S, Capri 1.6 laser, Fiesta MK2 1.1,Octavia VRS,

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:43 PM

That's really ironic - that's what I originally got the engine for! I had a rotten rubber bumper mgb gt that I was going to restore then fit the engine in. Unfortunately just afterwards i was diagnosed with a brain tumour and following surgery and treatment I was too ill to do the job so I sold the car. The engine is an SD1 engine and the gearbox was from a LDV ambulance that we scrapped at work. I believe it was OK but it's unchecked. The flywheel I bought separately and they are expensive now. Don't forget to put a spigot bearing in the crankshaft as the engine was from an automatic.

Good luck and photo's please as well as a ride in it when it's done!!

Paul.

Thanked by 1 Member:

#3 User is offline   Paul Finney 

• Paul Finney
  • LocationManea. Cambs
  • Drives:2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:17 AM

This what I really like about Capri Power, people just helping each other as it gives a great feeling, many thanks to Paul G for starting this particular ball rolling. Finn.

Posted Image Posted Image

#4 User is online   Lord Flasheart 

• LocationWorcester
  • Drives:Panzer, Jeep, CBR600, 3.0 Ghia

Posted 15 July 2017 - 10:05 AM

That's proper club spirit chaps, major applause to all :headbang::

#5 User is offline   Crash & Burn 

• Swivelhead, ret.
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Drives:'77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostPaul Finney, on 15 July 2017 - 08:17 AM, said:

This what I really like about Capri Power, people just helping each other as it gives a great feeling, many thanks to Paul G for starting this particular ball rolling. Finn.

Me, too - But, but, er, but, how did you ever get two PB extortion emblems at the end of your post? That's 3 times more than all the photos you ever put up! :stunned:

#6 User is offline   Paul Finney 

• Paul Finney
  • LocationManea. Cambs
  • Drives:2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

Not a clue, I am only a welder, no brain cells, just a desire to join steel together! Finn.

Posted Image Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Clockwork Orange 

• Electrical !! what like wiring ??
  • LocationSunny Lanark, Scotland (ML11)
  • Drives:++ Mk II '78 series V8 ++

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:34 PM

good members helping others at grass roots level..
major corp that could do so much good now just resorting to extortion ..
CP guys for the good .. Well done Finn, Well done PaulG

Just a wee V8, hopefully Rumbling along soon...
... ... ... too slow to race - and too old to give a F*ck

Posted Image
Fech off Photobucket - you blackmailing waste of space b'stards!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of Capri Power(unless Capri Power is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this Capri Power forum does not mean that Capri Power has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to mail@capripower.co.uk. This forum is not monitored 24/7.