Capri Power Forum: Capri Insulation - Capri Power Forum

Icon Sponsors

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

27/07/2017 - New user registration is now fixed.

Welcome to Capri Power Forum

Welcome to Capri Power Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Capri Insulation

#1 User is offline   Retro Kid 

• Group: Members
  • LocationSouth East
  • Drives:Capri 3.0 Ghia

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

Hi. Some of you may be or maybe not aware that I am selling my Capri. It is a 1979 model and a recent buyer or prospective buyer has enquired about the what looks like insulation down the lower section of the bulkhead in the engine bay. I do recall somebody saying that this is quite rare on a MK3 and because mine is an early model this is why it has it as the MK2 used to. It hard to the touch and cracked in places. Can anybody confirm I have this correct please ? Thanks in advance

#2 User is offline   adrpen 

• Locationsweden
  • Drives:capri

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:15 PM

View PostRetro Kid, on 15 July 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Hi. Some of you may be or maybe not aware that I am selling my Capri. It is a 1979 model and a recent buyer or prospective buyer has enquired about the what looks like insulation down the lower section of the bulkhead in the engine bay. I do recall somebody saying that this is quite rare on a MK3 and because mine is an early model this is why it has it as the MK2 used to. It hard to the touch and cracked in places. Can anybody confirm I have this correct please ? Thanks in advance

Hi I have a 1979 mk3 and this has /had the same insulation down the lower bulkhead i think it also goes into the gearbox tunnel a little bit,Mine is an early mk3 2.0GL, I also have a early mk3 2.0S and this has no insulation so maybe its for sound deadning ? hope this helps
Adrian

#3 User is offline   Retro Kid 

• LocationSouth East

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:36 PM

View Postadrpen, on 15 July 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

Hi I have a 1979 mk3 and this has /had the same insulation down the lower bulkhead i think it also goes into the gearbox tunnel a little bit,Mine is an early mk3 2.0GL, I also have a early mk3 2.0S and this has no insulation so maybe its for sound deadning ? hope this helps
Adrian

Yes that really does help. Thanks for posting it. That should put the guys mund at rest. Regards.

#4 User is offline   Not_Anumber 

• LocationSouth East UK
  • Drives:2.8i 5 speed. Daily driver Audi A6. Previous Capris 1.6 L (with 2.1 pinto) + 2.8i Special. Project car MGB GT

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:07 PM

Encourage the buyer to come onto the forum if he has any qualms.

#5 User is online   hadfromnew 

• Locationnorfolk uk
  • Drives:just ordered a new focus rs

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:40 PM

Mine has insulation --86 2.8 --although it is now so waxy having been soaked in the past with waxoyl -- i have also added off cuts of crapet whenthe house was done --more for sound deadening

cp

The modern human ape by its nature is fundamentally flawed therefore why would that species allow a few of its kind to take charge of the rest??

#6 User is offline   Retro Kid 

• LocationSouth East

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:44 PM

Thanks Guys. I also have been in contact with Laser who confirms my thoughts. So all good ! Cheers everybody for all your help.
Regards

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of Capri Power(unless Capri Power is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this Capri Power forum does not mean that Capri Power has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to mail@capripower.co.uk. This forum is not monitored 24/7.