Capri Power Forum: Help Required - Capri Power Forum

Icon Sponsors

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

27/07/2017 - New user registration is now fixed.

Welcome to Capri Power Forum

Welcome to Capri Power Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Help Required

#1 User is offline   mark 3 capri 

• Group: Members
  • LocationSouth Norfolk
  • Drives:280 brooklands.1.6 tdci focus. Tranit van

Posted 13 August 2017 - 09:42 AM

Anyone know why my 280 wont run from cold? sometimes she starts and runs for about 30 seconds before completly cutting out or she just wont start at all.

I rather push a Ford than drive a Vauxhall

#2 User is offline   robt100 

• LocationNorfolk
  • Drives:Steadspeed special (soon)

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

Queston is, does she run when hot, or will the car not get to that point? Not very clued up on the K-jetronic, but I do believe they have a cold start injector or cold start valve? Maybe thats the problem. Whereabouts in South norfolk are you? I think its a south norfolk thing, as my capri wont start eitherPosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Crash & Burn 

• Swivelhead, ret.
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Drives:'77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

View Postrobt100, on 13 August 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Queston is, does she run when hot, or will the car not get to that point? Not very clued up on the K-jetronic, but I do believe they have a cold start injector or cold start valve? Maybe thats the problem. Whereabouts in South norfolk are you? I think its a south norfolk thing, as my capri wont start eitherPosted ImagePosted Image

Even my Ford Manual printed for California owners has a special section included for South Norfolk. It clearly warns against stopping the engine within a 30-mile radius there. :stunned:

#4 User is offline   mark 3 capri 

• LocationSouth Norfolk

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:27 PM

View Postrobt100, on 13 August 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Harleston. When the car starts and is warm then there is no problem.There is fuel getting to engine so I'm thinking possibly auxiliary air device or warm up regulator.But I'm no mechanic and tend to end up breaking more things than fixing them.

#5 User is offline   robt100 

• LocationNorfolk

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:22 PM

So you're 20mins down the road from myself and hadfromnew (another member on here). He's also got a 2.8 so might be of more help!
Could be maybe a gummed up valve/regulator? OR perhaps the vacuum pipe on the cold start valve is perishing and leaking the vacuum intermittently hence it not always being a problem?

Posted Image

Thanked by 1 Member:

#6 User is offline   mark 3 capri 

• LocationSouth Norfolk

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:53 PM

Just removed and then replaced aux air device and she started,ran for 5mins and then completely shut down.Turned the key again and started and ran fine.
Shall try again tomorrow and see happens.

#7 User is offline   robt100 

• LocationNorfolk

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:05 PM

Sounds pretty much the same as my 2.9 24v conversion. Think I need to move counties Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   BigJ 

• LocationNorth Wales

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

Could also be the coolant temperature sensor giving a false reading to the ECU. Not sure if there's a test you can do other than substitute for a known good one.

Or move house.... :cigar:

#9 User is offline   hadfromnew 

• Locationnorfolk uk
  • Drives:new focus RS is amazing

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:16 PM

View Postmark 3 capri, on 13 August 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

Harleston. When the car starts and is warm then there is no problem.There is fuel getting to engine so I'm thinking possibly auxiliary air device or warm up regulator.But I'm no mechanic and tend to end up breaking more things than fixing them.

You are down the road from me mate --Stoke Holy Cross --gladly catch up -- i aint a genius bur been around Kjet for 30 plus years --PM if you are interested --++++ I like tea and loads of it :snack: :thumbup1: :rolleyes:

The modern human ape by its nature is fundamentally flawed therefore why would that species allow a few of its kind to take charge of the rest??

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of Capri Power(unless Capri Power is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this Capri Power forum does not mean that Capri Power has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to mail@capripower.co.uk. This forum is not monitored 24/7.