Capri Power Forum: Broadspeed Capri Mk2 3,0 - Capri Power Forum

Icon Sponsors

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

Welcome to Capri Power Forum

Welcome to Capri Power Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Broadspeed Capri Mk2 3,0

#1 User is offline   twin turbo 

• Group: Members
  • Locationnoway
  • Drives:cosworths, capries, xr4i

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:23 PM

Any info on these? Came "remains" of one for sale here in norway now..

Capri`s, Sierra cossys, xr4i`s,escos+++

www.sapphirerscosworth.com

#2 User is offline   twin turbo 

• Locationnoway

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

Nobody? I have done some searhcing, but nothing other then pic of a "worn" Brown one... I didnt whant more cars now, but if its hope for IT, then i never say No...

#3 User is offline   ian2800 

• LocationSouth Cheshire
  • Drives:Mk2 3.0, Mk3 3.0S

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:11 PM

Seriously rare. I've only seen a few Mk2's over the years, the Gold Ghia included. Worth buying at the right price. Is it RHD?

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   twin turbo 

• Locationnoway

Posted 03 September 2017 - 05:16 PM

No idia... Whanted to know what to look for before start asking questions. Any spec on them?

#5 User is offline   twin turbo 

• Locationnoway

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:01 PM

Whant spec still, but sadly got answere from owner, that its only a remains of a "okay" shell and missing roof... I asked for abit more info and will see...

#6 User is offline   twin turbo 

• Locationnoway

Posted 04 September 2017 - 07:54 PM

Talked with owner, and its a complete shell, roof is cut behind b-post, so its possible to rescue IT. Car is bought New in Norway as a 3.0 ghia, driven to UK and broadspeed for broadspeed turbo build, approved in Norway with engine, used as daily car for years until engine blew up, bought to UK again and NA tuned a new essex engine, and approved again and used for years, then sad part... Sold pn and was abused and drove to "death", that owner got into some problems IT seems like, and after awhile car was sold in bits as a 2.0 capri by a friend of that owner for owners mother(they didnt know what IT was, only "rescue" as most money out of IT as possible) current owner that knew first owner and had drove IT before found IT and understood what shell IT was and bought IT, had planned to build a waggon of IT, but after started, he got a NO from gouverment on approval for road use, so there IT stands... I think i might get IT anyway eventually, and for sure will try to get a trip to visit him one day, since he have allot of cars, and had owned over 50 capries over the years...

This post has been edited by twin turbo: 04 September 2017 - 07:55 PM

#7 User is offline   Mark W 

• LocationLINCOLN
  • Drives:Capri 3.0S Janspeed Turbo, Green '81', Ford Mondeo Graphite 'Daily'.

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:40 AM

Has it still got its engine? I do have some info in the loft on Broadspeed conversions, it may be a few weeks before I get to it but will definitely dig it out. I have some on a May, Lumo and all sorts collected whilst researching mine. Definitely worth saving just be prepared to be patient with it is my advice.

#8 User is offline   twin turbo 

• Locationnoway

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:01 AM

No all is sadly gone.. Not sure where that engine endd up after IT broke down back then... Its a massive resto, and basicly only shell(IT need work) and papers is what is there.

#9 User is offline   Mark W 

• LocationLINCOLN
  • Drives:Capri 3.0S Janspeed Turbo, Green '81', Ford Mondeo Graphite 'Daily'.

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:45 PM

View Posttwin turbo, on 06 September 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

No all is sadly gone.. Not sure where that engine endd up after IT broke down back then... Its a massive resto, and basicly only shell(IT need work) and papers is what is there.

If it's only a shell, I'd think twice about to be honest. Resto Costs are heavy and trying to find original bits could be fruitless. I mean it's up to you. I know there was one in the UK that was left just as a shell and the engine put in another car. Think there was recent talk of it on here.

#10 User is offline   twin turbo 

• Locationnoway

Posted 06 September 2017 - 07:28 PM

Yes and No. We have allot harder car approval politics here, and this shell already is approved with 208bhp and 3.1litre as roadlegal, so its Worth abit for me/us over here. I could basicly trow in a boa or bob with some custom tune, and approved IT without much hazzel.

But sure i would prefer IT rebuilt as a broadspeed...

But i have to much going on right now, so will wait abit, and see if get time to take a trip by him and look... And take IT from there.

This post has been edited by twin turbo: 06 September 2017 - 07:32 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of Capri Power(unless Capri Power is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this Capri Power forum does not mean that Capri Power has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to mail@capripower.co.uk. This forum is not monitored 24/7.