Capri Power Forum: New Member - Capri Power Forum

Icon Sponsors

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

Welcome to Capri Power Forum

Welcome to Capri Power Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Member Would love some helpful advice on my project

#1 User is offline   Lewis 

• Group: Members
  • LocationBrighton
  • Drives:2.0s mk3

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:50 PM

Hi all,

I’m new on here and thought I’d try and each out to see if I. An get some help on my project being a rover 3.5 v8 conversion on my mk 3 Capri.

I’ve has the capri since I was 18. I’m now 28. I met my now wife on our 1st date back then, I think the capri helped to seal the deal 😉. Since then I sold it once and brought it back of the same guy a year later when I saw it come back up for sale. What can I say.:. I missed it’s charm.

I have always wanted to convert it into a v8 one day and now that time has come. I have stripped it down and brought the new rover lump to go in with a lt77 gearbox. I know what I’m doing has been done many times before but I’m really struggling to find ppl who manufacture conversion parts to aid. I am on a budget but want it done right. I am gurrently trying to source some engine mounts instead of making them myself as thieves will save time and money. Does anyone know where I can get these from? I’ve tried caprisport direct, Tickford and various others it appears I’m 10years too late and they’ve all stopped dealing with v8 conversions. Any help and advice on anything to do with the conversion would be greatly appreciated. I’d love to have it back on the road for the summer.

Many thanks
Lewis

This post has been edited by Lewis: 14 November 2017 - 08:52 PM

#2 User is offline   Paul Finney 

• Paul Finney
  • LocationManea. Cambs
  • Drives:2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:41 AM

Sounds like love at first sight, both the wife and the Capri. Welcome to CP, there have been a few V8 conversion threads. Check out Stuballs build, brilliant job. Finn.

Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Crash & Burn 

• Swivelhead, ret.
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Drives:'77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:26 PM

Welcome in ! You're right, it's been done, and I expect helpful tips are right around the corner. :thumbup1:

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of Capri Power(unless Capri Power is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this Capri Power forum does not mean that Capri Power has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to mail@capripower.co.uk. This forum is not monitored 24/7.