Capri Power Forum: More Big Fat American Bumpers - Capri Power Forum

Icon Sponsors

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

Welcome to Capri Power Forum

Welcome to Capri Power Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

More Big Fat American Bumpers

#1 User is offline   Crash & Burn 

• Swivelhead, ret.
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Drives:'77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:58 PM

Brought this home yesterday, 4-wheel drive extended cab with a long bed, a rare combination apparently. That means a longer wheelbase, meaning a 30-gallon fuel tank rather than a mere 25. V-8, 4.6 litres. And the big fat front bumper. A '97, of course it has an ECU and some fancy electrickeral gadgets, so I can't count on it for a long-term ownership, but it should do a good job for a few years if luck holds. It had a well-documented maintenance history, not much bad about it...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Tomorrow should bring a new windscreen, and I'm working on the headliner today, the two worst flaws. After it's done, I'll get inside pics....

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Craigorypeck 

• LocationEdmonton Canada
  • Drives:SUPERCHARGED COSSIE YB ON BIKE CARBS

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:12 AM

Looks handy and thankfully your gas is cheap!

- Craig -

#3 User is offline   Paul Finney 

• Paul Finney
  • LocationManea. Cambs
  • Drives:2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:43 AM

Park a Capri alongside it so we compare the size of that monster? Paul.

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Paulg 

• LocationHigh Wycombe
  • Drives:Capri 3.0S, 2.0S and 1.6 laser, Fiesta MK2 1.1,Octavia VRS,

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:04 AM

30 US gallons is 113.562 litres that we have petrol measured in. A litre at the nearest petrol station to me is £1.20 so your pick up would cost £136.27 to fill over here. That's US$180 even at todays poor exchange rate.

I bet if the US had to suffer the prices we have to pay there would be riots, after which the Ford Fiesta would become the best selling car there too, as it usually is here!

#5 User is offline   Crash & Burn 

• Swivelhead, ret.
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:29 PM

View PostPaulg, on 15 November 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

30 US gallons is 113.562 litres that we have petrol measured in. A litre at the nearest petrol station to me is £1.20 so your pick up would cost £136.27 to fill over here. That's US$180 even at todays poor exchange rate.

I bet if the US had to suffer the prices we have to pay there would be riots, after which the Ford Fiesta would become the best selling car there too, as it usually is here!

Are you threatening me?! lolol

It did cost almost $100 to fill it on purchase the other day. I hope it's not burning any while parked.

#6 User is offline   Clockwork Orange 

• Electrical !! what like wiring ??
  • LocationSunny Lanark, Scotland (ML11)
  • Drives:++ Mk II '78 series V8 ++

Posted 17 November 2017 - 10:05 AM

that's a nice looking truck ..
Looks like it could be a real comfy mile burner ..

Just a wee V8, hopefully Rumbling along soon...
http://www.capripowe...-1985-laser-v8/

Posted Image
Fech off Photobucket - you blackmailing waste of space b'stards!

#7 User is offline   Crash & Burn 

• Swivelhead, ret.
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted Yesterday, 11:30 PM

Comfy, should be -- I remember when these were new, thinking they were suddenly making trucks look like cars - Meaning this ---
Posted Image

And the comparison shots for Paul. I parked with the rear axles on line --

Posted Image

Posted Image

Took it in yesterday for new front brakes, two new tires, aligning and full underside inspection - Got a good report on everything including rear brakes. It also got a new windscreen and headliner, struts for the hood and the rear canopy hatch, and I now own a code reader! Only known faults left are the wiper washer spray pump and a couple of 4-way flasher bulbs. Oh, and I refilled the tank after my first 80 miles, and calculated 12.8 miles per gallon!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of Capri Power(unless Capri Power is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this Capri Power forum does not mean that Capri Power has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to mail@capripower.co.uk. This forum is not monitored 24/7.