Capri Power Forum: Ebay Refuted? - Capri Power Forum

Icon Sponsors

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

Welcome to Capri Power Forum

Welcome to Capri Power Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ebay Refuted? Capri values, USA

#1 User is offline   Crash & Burn 

• Swivelhead, ret.
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Drives:'77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:28 PM

Recently, I went to revisit the web page for the National Auto Dealers' Association, which shows values for classic cars as well as newer models. I recalled looking when I first got Hien, and seeing values around $6500. This time, the listings were gone entirely, so I wrote to them and got a reply that they would be restored. Within a few days, they wrote again with a link http://www.nadaguide...s/1977/Capri-II showing my 2.8 as worth just over $8300, and the Pintos as $8250, or roughly 6150 GBP, that presuming they both qualify for the "top retail" category. If accurate, this means I haven't spent double these cars' value on them - More like triple. None of which means I'm gonna stop. :D

Thanked by 1 Member:

#2 User is offline   Paul Finney 

• Paul Finney
  • LocationManea. Cambs
  • Drives:2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri

Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:56 PM

Sell! Sell! Sell!

#3 User is offline   CliCon357 

• LocationLand Of The Shandy Drinkers
  • Drives:MK2 1976 2.0L GL (rotten), Mk3 1983 2.0L "S" (basically just the shell), MK3 1.6L Cabaret (nearest to being back on the road) - all in bits! Focus 2.0 Ghia Zetec for the daily drive!

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:12 AM

You have to wonder what they would sell for over here. I wonder if they would command a higher price on exotic value alone at auction?

"Can I have a slice of your doody?"

#4 User is offline   Paulg 

• LocationHigh Wycombe
  • Drives:Capri 3.0S, 2.0S and 1.6 laser, Fiesta MK2 1.1,Octavia VRS,

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:29 AM

Any vehicle is only worth what a prospective purchaser is willing to pay for it. Both sides of the pond it seems there are a lot of people willing to pay a lot of money for a Capri and that, along with increasing rarity, is what is driving up the prices. I'm sure they will go up further stateside as they were a popular car in the 60's and 70's judging by the fact half a million of them were sold in America.

I would have thought that the V6 was worth more than a $50 premium over the 4-cylinder cars which in itself makes me doubt the accuracy of the prices quoted.

If you can Gary I'd sit tight on them for a while and the hopeful rise in values may well then cover your expenditure. Quality, like yours are, will always command a premium.

This post has been edited by Paulg: 01 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of Capri Power(unless Capri Power is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this Capri Power forum does not mean that Capri Power has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to mail@capripower.co.uk. This forum is not monitored 24/7.