Capri Power Forum: Surrey Capri Club - Capri Power Forum

Icon Sponsors

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image

27/07/2017 - New user registration is now fixed.

Welcome to Capri Power Forum

Welcome to Capri Power Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Surrey Capri Club Ford Capri Club Based in Surrey.

#1 User is offline   Kev3000 

• Group: Members
  • LocationSurrey
  • Drives:Porsche 944

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:41 PM

Founded in March 2005 with a display at London's Alexandra Palace Classic Car Show.
Members come from Surrey, the surrounding area and beyond. Around 45 members signed up over the years, but as always, some people you only see once in a while. However, we've managed to get a hardcore membership base of at least a dozen Capri enthusiasts who regularly turn up at our monthly meets and attend shows on the Club stand.
Our Club website has attracted sponsors, and get's updated daily / weekly - as and when needed.
All our Club members are protected by the Clubs Public Liability Insurance while attending shows / Club meets, etc. A necessary requirement for any Club in these days of the very strict Health & Safety rules enforced.
Feel free to have a browse at our Club website at your leisure, contact can be made to the Club from the site. There is also a 'feedback' page should you wish to leave any comments.
The Surrey Capri Club also organises the successful annual ACE Cafe Capri days at London's ACE Cafe, a link from the Club website home page can be found for all the info about these.

Thanks for your time in reading the above.
Cheers,
Kevin.
Chairman - Surrey Capri Club.
www.surreycapriclub.co.uk

Posted Image

Mk1 3.0 Capri owned from 1985 - 2012.
Now driving a '86 Porsche 944.

#2 User is offline   Kev3000 

• LocationSurrey

Posted 13 January 2011 - 01:08 PM

Unfortunately after a successful six years running the Surrey Capri Club, I've now resigned as Club Chairman. I don't have the necessary spare time to put into the Club to keep it the success it is. A couple of existing members have shown an interest in taking over the Club and will no doubt update this thread when ready.

I'll still be organising the annual Ace Cafe Capri Days at London's Ace Cafe. These will solely be down to my organisation.

I also still plan to be out and about during 2011 in my Mk1 (or the 2.8i).

Cheers,
Kevin.

#3 User is offline   Laser 

• Laser
  • Group: Moderator Team
  • LocationOn the road again clocking up the miles
  • Drives:1.6 Laser and 2.0S

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:49 PM

Sorry to see you have to step down due to commitments , but you can be sure your time as chairman you and your team achived one of the great capri moments in recent history Brooklands 2009

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

=

Posted Image

#4 User is offline   2litreScapri-SCC 

• Surrey Capri Club Co-Chairman
  • LocationSurrey
  • Drives:Capri 2.0S, Saab 9-3 Linear Convertible

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:25 AM

Wow, what an accolade, & a hard act to follow!

As the founder of the club, Kevin built a reputation up that is widely respected in the classic Ford community around the country, especially in our Capri circles. As a member of the club for the past year, I'm sure I speak for all that know him when I thank him for the last 6 years of hard work, organisation and dedication to building the club up to what it is now. I was amazed and very proud just to be part of the club as a member.
However, the show will not end, so say hello to myself and Calvin as your new chairmen!

Quick intro about us
I have owned my 1983 Mk3 Graphite Grey 2.0S since October 2009. It is a daily driver, not a real show or concours winner, and is a work in progress to get it to how I want it. Those of you who know me are very aware of my passion for shows and meeting people and enjoying my car come sun, rain or snow! You can find my progres spics in the members car section on here.
Calvin has owned his 1982(?) Mk3 Caberet since August 2010, buying it off one of our SCC members. Again, it is a work in progress. This is all I can say as i am writing this on his behalf!

The future of the Surrey Capri Club

We shall not be charging membership fees! Just because we are new owners we do not expect members to suddenly fork out extra money, petrol's already expensive enough! If you wish to be a club member, please come down to one of monthly meets and chat to us. We can enrole anyone who wishes to join on the night. For most members on this forum it's a long trek for a few hours, but wait until the summer months- the Fairmile has lots of car clubs meeting on the same night, it's sure to be like a mini car show. Worth a trip? We'll take pics & let you decide!

The monthly meets will continue at the Fairmile, Cobham, 2nd Tuesday of every month, from 7pm.

There will always be car shows to go to; we will have a list of 2011 shows for club members to attend, so expect the club to have stands at shows around the country. As mentioned, Kevin is still running the Ace Capri Day for September 3rd this year - one less show to organise!

This fordcaprimania3000.com forum is remaining as is. It is our local forum, but we welcome all Capri owners from anywhere - please come & register.

Myself & Calvin are continuing to gain contacts within the Capri community across the land, and anything of interest we will keep you updated. We would also like other forums members to contribute in similar fashion. I have already gained much knowledge & parts from members, let this continue.

Things that will change:
The SCC website and SCC branding: We will be making various changes to the website, giving a different look and feel to it, but it will still have lots of info, classified section and other bits & pieces. Please bear with us that it may take some time to set up. Subsequently, we will be looking into new designs on merchandise, although some designs will remain. We shall update in due course. WeI hope you all like the new logo design and we will be rolling this out during the year.
And, err.....that's all we can think of that needs changing at the moment!

We look forward to meeting other Capri owners from around the world in the forseeable future.

Regards

Kris/Calvin
Surrey Capri Club Chairmen

Surrey Capri Club Co-Chairman
Surrey Capri Club Website

Bring back the Dagenham plant!
1969-1987 - Production Run

1969-Present & Beyond - Icon

50 Years of the Capri - 2019

#5 User is offline   Kev3000 

• LocationSurrey

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:02 PM

View PostLaser, on 13 January 2011 - 07:49 PM, said:

Sorry to see you have to step down due to commitments , but you can be sure your time as chairman you and your team achived one of the great capri moments in recent history Brooklands 2009

Yep, cheers Francis. Certainly was one of my great Capri achievements, will never forget that day.

Good luck to the new team at SCC.

My Capri days aren't over! - I'll be back out in my now, wide arched Mk1, this year. That's the plan anyway.

<_<

#6 User is offline   2litreScapri-SCC 

• LocationSurrey

Posted 26 April 2011 - 04:56 PM

Quick reminder to all that if you live in the Surrey or want a nice drive down to another meet our monthly meets are held at the Fairmile pub in Cobham, just off the A3 - message me or see our website www.surreycapriclub.co.uk. Second Tuesdays of every month from 7pm.

#7 User is offline   2litreScapri-SCC 

• LocationSurrey

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

Now the summer is on it's way if you want to come down to Surrey for our monthly meets, now held at the Shy Horse pub in Chessington, just down from World of Adventures, 2nd Tuesday of every month from 7pm.

Check the website for info and regular updates

This post has been edited by 2litreScapri-SCC: 31 March 2012 - 06:06 PM

#8 User is offline   2litreScapri-SCC 

• LocationSurrey

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

Keep up to date with what the Surrey Capri club are up to

or search for Surrey Capri Club on Facebook & request to join the crew!

#9 User is offline   2litreScapri-SCC 

• LocationSurrey

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:43 PM

Update: As of 20th April we are closing down the fordcaprimania3000 forum. It never has been as popular as CP, so it is best to close it down. Some of you on here are registered, and if you've posted photos using photobucket etc, this will remain your property. All posts will be deleted and users information deleted for anyone not posted since December 2014. The others will be phased out. The Surrey Capri Club still has a Facebook page so please sign up there!

Kris

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of Capri Power(unless Capri Power is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this Capri Power forum does not mean that Capri Power has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to mail@capripower.co.uk. This forum is not monitored 24/7.