1976 ROK Stock Capri

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 1976 ROK Stock Owner, 11 January 2021.

1. 1976 ROK Stock Owner

1976 ROK Stock Owner New Member Capri Power Member

I Purchased my 1976 Capri from original owner in 1977

In 1980 ROK Stock of Portland Oregon performed the Cosmetic & Performance Suspension Conversions. Shorty After, the Capri was then Professionally stored in a climate controlled garage, off the ground on Jack Stands & started monthly. Completely covered under various layers of soft fabric and car covers preventing dust and Sunlight to awaken her until it was time.

After 41 years of Hibernation it was her time to come out. A better than new Capri was awakened. She’s A-Beauty Inside and Out. Looks and Runs Like NEW because she is.

It was a goal of mine to keep her stored for so long, Onlookers would ask “What Is It”. Mission Accomplished. It’s so fun to drive her again.

I can’t begin to Thank Rick O. Kiser of ROK Stock (AGAIN) for the great work. It’s truly appreciated.

It may be time for her to start her next journey. She Only has 36k Original Miles with very few miles after the conversions. All Paperwork & History Naturally Available. Over the years I’ve also accumulated many (just in case) new spare parts to ensure when she came out of hibernation she could run for many years to come.

IMG_2837.JPEG IMG_1487.JPEG IMG_3594.JPEG For Interested buyers I’m located in Tigard, Oregon & can be reached at coopa2013@gmail.com

1970 sean likes this.
  2. caprinerd

caprinerd Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    people mad, round the bend, up the wall, crazy and nuts
    another one for our Gaz to look at lol

3. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    I'll be back, gotta run for a bit...Okay, I'm back and I've looked, and that's like a dream story. I almost feel obligated to go steal it. :) Now that it's awake, I hope it gets some miles on it.
    Welcome to the forum, & don't let this be your last post..

our Gaz

Last edited: 11 January 2021
  4. caprimk3

caprimk3 Richard Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mondeo Mk3, 78' Capri 2.3S
    Those and the Mako V8 is my favorite tuning Capris.

This looks superb!
    And look at that rear louvres, that how they should look!

5. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Glasgow Subway- Keeping it simple since 1896 Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    WoW! - lots of nice about it..
    what is the fixation with those dual outlet each side exhausts...
    obviously a 'Murican thing, but they do nothing for the car, and can't possibly sit right without rattling !!

but that Jade Green color.. (OOHH!)

also, for the first time EVER.. those rear window louvres !! Now they are definitely the best Capri II louvres I have ever seen .. and the only ones I would fit on Rumbly'.. (post to 14-ML11 7SJ, I will accept charges!!)
    up to now I have always stated (with recurring boredom) that only Capri Mk1 works with louvres.. Well at last - a new contender !!

Please Mister - put a section study up in our 'Members Capri' section .. .. ..

Thank You

6. 1976 ROK Stock Owner

7. Not_Anumber

Not_Anumber Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    1983 2.8i 5 speed. 2x previous Capris.
    What an awesome looking Capri. The colour, wheels & cosmetic additions including the louvers really suit the car. Will you be keeping with the Federal bumpers or changing to the lighter european Mk2 (or even Mk 3) ones

8. 1976 ROK Stock Owner

Hi - Thanks for the nice comments it's appreciated. After 41 years of Hibernation it was her time to come out. Now that the Capri was awakened I'm trying to decide if it's time for a new owner to enjoy her. So for now I don't think I'll be changing the bumpers. I had forgotten how nice the ANSA FERRARI Fre-Flow Exhaust System - from Italy sounds on her.
    IMG_1231.JPG

Thanks again for the nice comments. Be Safe - Greg

9. billy2

billy2 New Member Capri Power Member

Drives:
    capri
    What are the engine mods done to it?