Bike Carbs

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by MK3Ste, 16 January 2012.

1. MK3Ste

MK3Ste Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mk3 Capri, Nissan Primera, Lambretta Gp 186
    I am looking to put some on my 2.1 well just under with a big valve with a pipper road rally cam and was just wondering what carbs will be best?

Steven.

2. caprinerd

caprinerd Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    people mad, round the bend, up the wall, crazy and nuts
    have a check mate there are a few threads on bike carbs look in the technical page i and a few others have been the bike carb route and if you do go this route then there is help about to help you out
    most common carbs are R1`s, if you go this way get the carbs and fuel pump off the same bike
    but dont just go with them as they are the most common i and some others used different carbs with success
    try to keep above 600cc and also its best if you dont go gravity as they are harder to set up on a pump system

3. toby916916

toby916916 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    orange 2.0 mk3 capri
    i have got cvk 36,s of a kawasaki gpz1000 mate

and as caprinerd said, get the pump off the same bike,

oh and before you but the carbs research parts, cost ect, and what angle they are supposed to sit at before you go getting a manifold made up, i think iirc R1 carbs sit at an angle? the floats will not work correctly if you dont have them set at the right angle :boxedin: (i didnt know this untill a few weks in!)

where do you plan on getting your manifold made? mine is from danst engeneering, good build quality in ally

any questions mate feel free to ask :thumbup1:

4. fordperv

fordperv Registered Capri Power Member

Im using ninja carbs on my 2.1 sierra, but im running a facet competition pump and adjustable regulator ;-)