Blackline Chinese limited slip differential

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by 2.8jonny, 17 August 2019.

1. 2.8jonny

2.8jonny Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    1983 2.8 injection
    Does anyone have any experience with these? At just over 400 pounds they are significantly cheaper than any other options out there.
    They seem to be similar in design to the quaife unit being auto torque biasing rather than clutches.
    Little feedback on quality exists online, so wondered if anyone here has any experience with them.

Cheers
    Jon.

2. CapriGear

CapriGear Capri Gear Trader

Drives:
    Ford Focus, BMW 540i
    I fitted on into a BOB conversion Capri a couple of years ago and have had no reports from the customer that it isn't fine.

3. 2.8jonny

Drives:
    1983 2.8 injection
    Thanks Martin.
    That's exactly the sort of feedback I need, real actual experience and not anecdotal bobbins.

Much appreciated
    Jon

4. 2.8jonny

Drives:
    1983 2.8 injection
    Well depending on my findings tomorrow, I'll be either repairing my spare open differential or investing in a mostly unneeded atb diff from China. Watch this space.
    Jon

5. 2.8jonny

Drives:
    1983 2.8 injection
    I had a very Informative chat with fostec who from what he said may actually be retired but was as before very helpful.
    We chatted about my axle, my diff wear and cheap Chinese atb diffs. The long and short of it is that I just ordered a quaife atb from burton power, check out the prices! It would seem that the competition has forced prices down somewhat, in fact half what I thought they cost.
    Jon.