Capri Club International

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by clicon357, 14 June 2020.

1. clicon357

clicon357 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    MK2 1976 2.0L GL (rotten), Mk3 1983 2.0L "S" (basically just the shell), MK3 1.6L Cabaret (nearest to being back on the road) - all in bits! Focus 2.0 Ghia Zetec for the daily drive!
    If you subscribed to CCI ever but no longer do I'd urge you to check your direct debits:

SWMBO has just pointed out to me that I've been paying CCI £25-30 for some years without receiving anything and she's going back further through the bank statements.

I very vaguely remember deciding not to renew, maybe a phone call too. I can't remember the last time I saw a CCI magazine. Do they still do them?

My fault I know but the SWMBO deals with finances. I never look at the statements.

So what should I have been getting for my membership money all these years?

Just emailed them:

Hello,

It would appear I've been paying CCI a monthly sum by direct debit for a number of years now without receiving any benefit. Namely £24.95 in June each year.

The last magazine I appear to have received was the October 2012 issue. I'm fairly confident I've kept all copies I've received. Certainly I've received nothing in the last 5 years plus. I vaguely recall receiving a letter from CCI ref renewal but decided not to, not realising there was a direct debit already in place.

I appreciate this is as much my fault for not checking as it is down to possibly some glitch in your system.

Please come back to me on this. Aside from cancelling the direct debit as soon as I can I will be seeking recompense for not having received the magazine for at least the last 8 years as far as I can tell.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely

2. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    Oooh! Seems you've found an issue. In 2012, were they still blaming such things on "the computer"?

3. Finn

Finn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri
    C.C.I. at fault, Hush my Mouth. Finn.

4. clicon357

Drives:
    MK2 1976 2.0L GL (rotten), Mk3 1983 2.0L "S" (basically just the shell), MK3 1.6L Cabaret (nearest to being back on the road) - all in bits! Focus 2.0 Ghia Zetec for the daily drive!
    I'll keep you informed.

Brother is a barrister should it get contentious.

5. Finn

Drives:
    Yes M'lud. Finn.

6. clicon357

Drives:
    No response from CCI as yet.

7. Finn

Drives:
    I was called for Jury service in Peterborough a few years ago. Waited with all the other Jurors and the Jury manager came in and introduced himself. Little pep talk and then a tour of the Court room. Back into the waiting room and names were called to collect your free dinner voucher. Took mine and gave it straight back to the catering staff. Asked the Jury manager for a word and told him I was leaving, do what you have to do but I am going and walked out. Just could not hack it. They sent me an expenses cheque so I ripped it up, sent another one to where I was working and they put it into my wages. Finn.

8. eau de cologne

eau de cologne Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    sorned capris
    Did Jury service twice, once as a juror and once as the foreman, I had experience, felt it was my civic duty. I let my subscription to CCI lapse but continued to receive the magazine free for the next year. I let my subscription to Classic Ford lapse, resubscribed a year later and got two copies separate bags for that next year.

Bert

9. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    My first appearance at 1:11 into the video ---
    Defendant! (I got compliments from staff for looking as guilty as a child molester.)

Never again. :)

(At the time, I was a civil trial bailiff, assigned to control the jurors. Especially making sure they could find the courtroom again the second day. :))

clicon357 likes this.
  10. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Glasgow Subway- Keeping it simple since 1896 Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    at 1:11 in the movie there was some kinda young wipper-snapper sitting in yo chair !!

11. Finn

Drives:
    Fame at last! Finn.

12. clicon357

Drives:
    I received a response from Sally at CCI today saying they're looking into the matter but to bear with them due to office restrictions. Presumably due to Covid-19.

13. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Glasgow Subway- Keeping it simple since 1896 Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    the one thing good, probably the only good thing with CCi .. Sally
    she has been a diamond back through all the years..
    I am totally confused as to how she continues to work there, and yet has to deal with the twat (JH) ..
    I really miss Nigel Powell, he was a proper gentleman, easy to deal with.. then suddenly disappeared ..
    am sure theres dark history in there ..
    JH I wouldn't trust to tie a reef knot!

14. caprinerd

caprinerd Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    people mad, round the bend, up the wall, crazy and nuts
    I tend to steer clear of CCI when i was a member i ordered stuff and was not happy with what i received, and my complaint went un heard till my brief sent a letter and then it was sorted, but took a solicitor to get some thing done and from then on cancelled membership and never dealt with again not even on Flea gay user the user name King Capri

15. trevster mk 2

trevster mk 2 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    mk 2 2.9 cosworth boa ghia
    never been a member i had a free issue given to me at a car show, possibly nec, things you could buy on there cheaper elsewhere inc sellers on here, read in a car mag recently that JH was selling a fair few of his cars

16. Rafer

Rafer Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    280 xpack project
    I've been with CCI since 1991, never had a problem at all with them.
    Yes you can get things cheaper, but it saves you taking things back when some motor factors give you the wrong parts. So usually I stick with CCI or Martin.

17. 1970 sean

1970 sean Established Member Capri Power Member

Drives:
    c class, puegeot partne,r focus,wishing my 1970 capri
    i joined around 1990 must have a similar membership no.