Cci

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by lamps1, 5 May 2019.

1. lamps1

lamps1 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    3.1mk3
    I have just read the may edition of the magazine and I wish to clarify a comment by Mr hill which is totally wrong....he states that the Capri featured in "salvage hunters classic cars" is pure fiction this is totally a false statement. I know this as it was me that bought it. the car was bought for the price stated and was completely stripped out and totally rebuilt the car was immaculate and I bought the car on behalf of a friend who had asked me to find him a 2.0s in top quality condition. However he is a private person and did not want to appear in the programme so I did it.... so Mr hill you once again have got your facts wrong.. sorry for rambling on but was so incenced by this I felt I had to clarify the situation

2. CapriGear

CapriGear Capri Gear Trader

Drives:
    Ford Focus, BMW 540i
    I think what he was getting at wasn't the price paid for the car it was the amount of work carried out and parts bought in order to turn the car from what they bought into the finished article - that was the fiction part not the final sale price.
    I may be wrong but that's how I understood it.

3. lamps1

Drives:
    3.1mk3
    I take on board your view however I obviously saw all the parts and condition of the car and I can assure you that there had been a massive amount of work done on it And i am quite certain Mr hill had not viewed the car before or after the work had been completed his comments make it look like I participated in a sham and that I totally reject

4. Not_Anumber

Not_Anumber Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.8i 5 speed. Audi A7. 2x previous Capris. Curently rebuilding an MGB
    Best write to Mr Hill really.

Clockwork Orange likes this.
  5. lamps1

Drives:
    3.1mk3
    Wouldn't waste a postage stamp on him I know what is factual and I just wanted to clear the matter thanks for your view

laserboy likes this.
  6. lamps1

Drives:
    3.1mk3

7. EbayCapri

EbayCapri Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.8i
    Mr Hill getting something wrong? How preposterous. The man a is a genius of the highest standard :):D

Clockwork Orange likes this.
  8. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Electrical ??? what like .. bzztt Feck !!! Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    I will always and forever own my memories of the trip to Aigle / Montreaux in 1987...
    Big John (sic) getting his ass in gear to accept a reward on the Saturday night that had absolutely 'Fuck All' to do with him ..
    made my night then.. and various contacts over the years that just goes to prove that you may not be the ultimate wanker once, but you just have to work at it !!

9. caprinerd

caprinerd Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    people mad, round the bend, up the wall, crazy and nuts
    use to belong and stayed for 3 years should have saved my money even the exhaust and manifold didnt fit with out tweeking
    very clicky never again

10. BigJ

BigJ Registered Capri Power Member

I must have struck lucky then as I’ve just bought a set of front and rear wheel bearings off them and they were posted out quickly but that might have been because Sally was dealing with my order

Laser likes this.
  11. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Electrical ??? what like .. bzztt Feck !!! Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    even as a non-member .. Sally is a diamond..
    have spoken to her. in the past, have had eMail responses from her..
    when she says - it happens!
    all else with CCi = bollox

12. Not_Anumber

Not_Anumber Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.8i 5 speed. Audi A7. 2x previous Capris. Curently rebuilding an MGB
    Ive bought several bits from CCI and always had good service. Ive reservations about a commercial outfit presenting as a club - but have to speak as I find as their service has been excellent. Having edited a club magazine for several years for a different marque i know from experience that unless a wide range of people occasionally contribute articles, then inevitably the editor ends up having to be a bit inventive to make often mundane information seem interesting enough for people to read.

Laser likes this.
  13. Rafer

Rafer Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    280TT,280,280 xpack project,Tickford 38/39,2.8i Special Turbo Technics,Rs Focus
    I've been a member since 1993, and never had a single complaint or problem with their service.
    I know I could get certain parts cheaper myself at my local auto factors but ordering with CCI the whole transaction would be top class from ordering, receiving and the quality of goods.
    Without CCI there would be quite a few things that would be hard to get if it wasn't for the club, you only have to read the mag each month to see what items they are having remade.
    The mag does get a bit boring at times but like what was said above, its hard to get fresh material all the time.
    And Sally is a real diamond.

14. capri_turbo

capri_turbo Registered Capri Power Member

Never had a single issue with CCI. The parts I've had over the last few years are of top quality and actually we're cheaper than the local factors... their help with my agreed valuation for the insurance was invaluable.

Yes, they may make mistakes... everybody does. Yes, it may be run as a business... no issue with that at all... most large 'club' outfits are run in much the same way, especially when they invest heavily to supply those hard to find parts etc... for example... where else will you get original spec U bolts... and I mean the proper ones with the flattened tops so as not to crush the axle tubes like the shit supplied by the local factors... and original spec hand brake cables that work unlike the shit designed crap available from the local factors that snapped first time the hand brake was pulled...

Some may not agree and quite frankly I don't care. My experience has always been positive and long may it continue.

Edit... On the parts prices...

The bitter taste of poor quality exists long after the euphoria of cheap price is forgotten.

'You pays your money and takes your choice...'

Last edited: 6 July 2019