Cci

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by lamps1, 5 May 2019.

1. lamps1

lamps1 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    3.1mk3
    I have just read the may edition of the magazine and I wish to clarify a comment by Mr hill which is totally wrong....he states that the Capri featured in "salvage hunters classic cars" is pure fiction this is totally a false statement. I know this as it was me that bought it. the car was bought for the price stated and was completely stripped out and totally rebuilt the car was immaculate and I bought the car on behalf of a friend who had asked me to find him a 2.0s in top quality condition. However he is a private person and did not want to appear in the programme so I did it.... so Mr hill you once again have got your facts wrong.. sorry for rambling on but was so incenced by this I felt I had to clarify the situation

2. CapriGear

CapriGear Capri Gear Trader

Drives:
    Ford Focus, BMW 540i
    I think what he was getting at wasn't the price paid for the car it was the amount of work carried out and parts bought in order to turn the car from what they bought into the finished article - that was the fiction part not the final sale price.
    I may be wrong but that's how I understood it.

3. lamps1

Drives:
    3.1mk3
    I take on board your view however I obviously saw all the parts and condition of the car and I can assure you that there had been a massive amount of work done on it And i am quite certain Mr hill had not viewed the car before or after the work had been completed his comments make it look like I participated in a sham and that I totally reject

4. Not_Anumber

Not_Anumber Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.8i 5 speed. Audi A7. 2x previous Capris. Curently rebuilding an MGB
    Best write to Mr Hill really.

Clockwork Orange likes this.
  5. lamps1

Drives:
    3.1mk3
    Wouldn't waste a postage stamp on him I know what is factual and I just wanted to clear the matter thanks for your view

laserboy likes this.
  6. lamps1

Drives:
    3.1mk3