Easiest Way To Load Pictures?

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by Cullyboy, 10 February 2018.

1. Cullyboy

Cullyboy Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    1.6 laser
    Picking up my laser later having been resprayed from the waist down. All laser stripes fitted and placed bang on.

Very excited!

What’s the easiest route to get pictures on here from the iPhone?

2. clicon357

clicon357 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    MK2 1976 2.0L GL (rotten), Mk3 1983 2.0L "S" (basically just the shell), MK3 1.6L Cabaret (nearest to being back on the road) - all in bits! Focus 2.0 Ghia Zetec for the daily drive!
    Get the postimage app if there is one in the iStore for Crapple. Not sure there is but you can do it online I think.

(Flickr is I reckon still the best out there but CP doesn't support it).

Chris249 is using Flickr of late I notice but the pics come up with horrible text tags on here. It's a site thing not a Flickr problem.

3. Cullyboy

Cullyboy Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    1.6 laser
    Thanks - will try PostImage

Ta

4. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Electrical ??? what like .. bzztt Feck !!! Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    Postimage is definitely simple ..
    and depending what you are posting on, there are different 'codes'
    on the forum here - use 'Hotlink for Forums' for the full size pic
    Simples!

5. clicon357

Drives:
    MK2 1976 2.0L GL (rotten), Mk3 1983 2.0L "S" (basically just the shell), MK3 1.6L Cabaret (nearest to being back on the road) - all in bits! Focus 2.0 Ghia Zetec for the daily drive!
    Postimage is archaic compared to Flickr tbh. It's like DOS vs Windows.

6. twin turbo

twin turbo Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    cosworths, capries, xr4i
    And a little adon question... Now after got myself New phone after old didnt whant to live any longer.... I can only upload one pic at the time? Any tips on why? This happens no matter where i try to upload...

7. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Electrical ??? what like .. bzztt Feck !!! Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    hehe .. Archaic is OK - its simple.. suits me just fine.

I have no clue. I us my computer for computing, my phone for phoning and my camera for taking picture ..
    I can only assume that with the new phone, theres a new system, so you will need a new App.. maybe go into PostImage help pages, or use their contact page.

I have successfully uploaded whole albums to Postimage as part of my repair works after fotofukkit fukked us all over!

8. twin turbo

twin turbo Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    cosworths, capries, xr4i
    I dont use any app... Hope a dataguy know... On other phone i just selectd all i whanted. To upload and it did, now if i select several pics, only one get uploaded... Its not just on post image, so "hope" its some settings on phone...

9. clicon357

Drives:
    Flickr which I use as an online photo storage repository got bought out a little while ago. They put up the expected blurb about things staying the same but lo and behold they're now changing things and lokking for £££. Anyone with over a 1000 photos and videos (I'm well into that bracket :) ) has a limited time to either download your content or lose a portion over the limit or pay up. Looks like I'll be ditching Flickr in the same way as Photobucket!

Free accounts will soon be limited to 1,000 photos or videos. Flickr isn’t Flickr without the contributions and participation of our free members, and we remain committed to a vibrant free offering.

If you are a free member with more than 1,000 photos or videos, you will have ample time to upgrade to Pro (for 30% off your first year) or download your photos and videos.* Read more about this decision.

Your Photography Community
    Share, discover, and grow. No matter your passion, there are photographers here who share it.

Organize Beautifully
    Powerful, intuitive tools to organize your photos and share them with the people who matter to you.

*Free members with more than 1,000 photos or videos uploaded to Flickr have until Tuesday, January 8, 2019, to upgrade to Pro or download content over the limit. After January 8, 2019, members over the limit will no longer be able to upload new photos to Flickr. After February 5, 2019, free accounts that contain over 1,000 photos or videos will have content actively deleted -- starting from oldest to newest date uploaded -- to meet the new limit.

https://www.flickr.com/

10. Clockwork Orange

Drives:
    - now looking at Flickr's message above - that to me is well-founded, and well put.. loads of choice for the user, and does seem quite fair.. 1000 pics does seem quite workable, and the way they have indicated removal 'down to the limit' by picking older content first also makes sense ..
    Not the way fotofukkit did - simply bar you out and switch you off..
    it seems fair because someone, somewhere is having to host the content, and its still a cost that needs bearing ..
    I still have absolutely no probs with PostImage, and the direct upload to the forum also works well, just need to be a little patient, and remember to post 'full-image' before completing the post..
    I am not a computer whizz, and still find it quite easy, just need a bit of patience and take your time.. don't think 'instant' think 'compose'!

11. clicon357

Drives:
    I reconsidered my position and rather than ditch Flickr, with over 4000 photos on there and it being so good a site imo, I stumped up and subscribed to the Pro package, taking advantage of the 30% off.