Ex-Pressed Steel - Ford license

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by Laser Capri, 7 January 2019.

1. Laser Capri

Laser Capri Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.0 Laser and 3.0s
    So i have just seen in the news that Ex-Pressed Steel is now officially licensed by Ford (news was from November). I have read a few articles including the one on their website but am not sure if this means expressed steel panels will now have the Ford Logo stamped into them? Does anyone know if this is the case or not?

2. CapriGear

CapriGear Capri Gear Trader

Drives:
    Ford Focus, BMW 540i
    I wouldn't think so. I recently got some panels for one of my project cars and they were the same as usual. Officially licensed will mean that Expressed will now be able to produce panels without the danger Ford steaming in with their size 10's shouting copyright etc.

3. Laser Capri

Drives:
    2.0 Laser and 3.0s
    Thats such a shame, it would be great to have Ford properly endorse and get more involved in the restoration space.

4. CapriGear

CapriGear Capri Gear Trader

Drives:
    Ford Focus, BMW 540i
    Ford have always been piss poor in supporting their classic vehicles. They're only interested in selling modern crap. They've missed a golden opportunity with all of the classics now commanding such prices.

5. Laser Capri

Drives:
    2.0 Laser and 3.0s
    I agree it’s a missed opportunity when you look at all the other brands that have an active classic support programme producing parts and celebrating their heritage. I don’t know how it works in the US because it appears the muscle cars at least you can get pretty much any part you need brand new for the 60s mustangs but I don’t know if Ford has anything to do with that or if it’s down to private companies getting these parts made themselves.