First Time Owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by undefined, 18 January 2017.

1. undefined

undefined Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    undefined
    Hi all, im ryan im 31 and a first time capri owner since summer last year. Im a sucker for a project to keep me in the workshop till late at night so a couple of months later of trawling ebay i found a 84 mk3 2.0 laser (originaly a 1.6) . After being told about the forum by a guy i bought a bonnet off i thought id sign up, im guessing some of you could save me a lot of late night head scratching. I now have the car completely stripped down to bare shell and going to get it on its side to start work on the under side . I have taken loads of pictures so far so i will try get some loaded up for a gander

2. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    :welcome: If there's a better place for the support you need, I don't know of it. If you look through Members' Cars you'll find plenty of examples of similar work done by others, and the tech section is a big help, and when you get pics on your thread, you'll get direct advice...And you'll find your project rewarding before it's done. ;)

3. undefined

Drives:
    undefined
    Well im just removing the head lining and sunroof as we speak, is there a best sequence to do it in? I have the lining reliesed around the edges and the sun roof rolled back and just about to start removing the chrome strips around the runners

4. Finn

Finn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri
    Undefined? Are from MI5/6? Secret Squirrel? Finn.

5. undefined

Drives:
    undefined
    Hi paul, no im from stafford/stone area m6 j14

6. bruce_19

bruce_19 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Corsa Black Edition (daily), Capri 2.0 S (needs work)
    Welcome to the forum.

You done the opposite of me I joined in July and bought my car in December off a Forum member after doing a lot of research reading build threads ect.

Get a build thread up and get yours pics on there. Mine will be a slow process but having the thread and seeing what others are doing is keeping me motivated for mine already you are further on than I am with mine.

Bruce

7. Finn

Finn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri
    Cheers young Man, lots of help and assistance if you need it, just ask away, pics are always welcome. Finn.