Front Wings.

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by Finn, 13 August 2021.

1. Finn

Finn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri
    Seems to be a good selection of front wings, pattern and original on fleabay. Finn.

2. kenny james

kenny james Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    3.0 GXL
    Guess what I spent today doing? Ended up having to weld the wing edge to get the door gap right, that’s the price you pay (literally) for pattern parts.

3. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Glasgow Subway- Keeping it simple since 1896 Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    think these days the pattern ones are Magnum .. popular feed back is they dont really fit that well ..
    shame that ESP sell them on an agency basis.. when you would expect them to supply far better kit themselves..
    most of the folk in the know appear to prefer trying to use either the originals repaired or good second-hand ones to effect a repair ..

one thing for sure - I am glad I cannot weld or do any meaningful bodywork, but have met some wonderful guys who can ..

4. caprinerd

caprinerd Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    people mad, round the bend, up the wall, crazy and nuts
    i have two wings hanging in the garage waiting to be fitted not even sure what make they are did think out plastic but got offered the ones i have and when it comes to fitting them its going to be like some others and spend the time to get them as close as i can to look right

5. Finn

Finn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri
    Bag of worms time! I will always use brand new steel. It is just how you fit whatever pattern part you are replacing 40 year old tin with. Finn.