Greetings from Zimbabwe

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CraigW, 20 August 2019.

1. CraigW

CraigW New Member Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Nothing....yet
    Hi All,

Long time Capri lover here - a neighbour had one in Oxford where I used to live and I used to gawk at it on my drive past every day!

I'm currently living in Zimbabwe, and happened to be up on my roof a few months ago when what do I notice sitting unloved in my neighbours garden - a bright green MK1 Capri. Fast forward a few months and my neighbour has (finally!) relented to possibly selling it to me. I'm going to have a look at it this weekend, but I'd like to get some help/advice on specifically which model it is, and what to look out for when having a look?

I can see it's in pretty awful condition, and I'm really just looking for something to fix up over time as a Sunday hobby. My neighbour claims he used it as a daily driver up until a few years ago, when he parked it due to an alternator issue.

Lastly, I know it's very difficult to say from the awful photo posted, but any idea what it's worth assuming it's mostly complete?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Craig

PHOTO-2019-08-20-20-10-22.jpg

WimC likes this.
  2. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Electrical ??? what like .. bzztt Feck !!! Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    looks to be a preface-lift, appears to have GT style black bonnet & A-pillar, also looks like it may have incomplete vinyl trims on the C-pillar.
    tbh, without seeing some decent close-ups, floors, trunk floor, A-pillars, under the hood .. it may just be a load of holes ..
    don't forget to get clear pics of the chassis & color plates .. that way you can at least id what is 'supposed' to be fitted ..

this may well be interesting ...
    welcome aboard ..

ps .. I like the look of the Minor, split-screen?

3. WimC

WimC Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Ford Capri MK1 '71
    Looks interesting! But indeed without more in detail photo's we can't really tell much.

4. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    Or after you've done with it. Till then, welcome to the happy place. :D

5. trevster mk 2

trevster mk 2 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    mk 2 2.9 cosworth boa ghia
    go for it it's worth saving after all it is a Capri!!! oh and welcome to the forum

6. Not_Anumber

Not_Anumber Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.8i 5 speed. 2x previous Capris.
    Whats the view on the street in Zimbabwe about the death of Robert Mugabe. Revered or reviled ?

7. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Electrical ??? what like .. bzztt Feck !!! Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    Mugabe started as a good guy and went Mental, a brutal animal .. power corrupted to the hilt ...