Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Neil Stewart, 22 September 2019.

1. Neil Stewart

Neil Stewart New Member Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Ford Capri Laser 2.0
    Hi,

After 20+ years I have just got myself a capri. Had 4 in the past, all MK II.

1976 1300 Base Diamond White LLX 787P. First car at 17. Paid £265. Was insurable and slow as hell.
    1974 2000 GT in bronze. N Reg. Had an excursion into a garden wall in this.
    1977 2000 Ghia in oyster gold . SRX 585S. Paid £450. Scrapped in 2005. Needed a bit of work but not too much. I relocated to the midlands and couldn't take it with me. Nobody wanted it.
    1974 1600 Base in Sebring Red. N reg. Paid £400. Brought this after i garaged the Ghia. It got nicked and wrecked.

Just acquired a Lacquer Red 2.0 Laser. An 86 D Plate.

Joined for hints, tips and events.

Neil

2. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    Welcome in, all you want is here , perhaps even your car before you?

3. Neil Stewart

Drives:
    Ford Capri Laser 2.0
    Hi Crash & Burn.

It may have been. History I was given by the previous owner wasn't particularly long. He had bought it in 2016 and it needed quite a bit of work. He had done quite a lot to it but it still needed quite a few small bits doing. Prior to his ownership it had been laid up for a number of years and in the glovebox was a 2007 tax disc stamped Merseyside. The number plate is a Blackpool registration so I guess the car had lived in the North West prior to the previous owners purchase. It's pretty standard apart from the interior. At some point it has been fitted with a red strobe S interior.

I did find some pictures of it on the net. The previous owner had the engine bay stripped, welded up and repainted. The garage that done it have posted pictures on their facebook page.

I see you are in Oregon. Nice state. Done several business trips there back in 2010.

Neil

4. caprinerd

caprinerd Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    people mad, round the bend, up the wall, crazy and nuts
    Welcome your in the right place for all the help you need plus spares you need as well as we have a few on here that buy in and break down Capris that have run their course and 99% are eaten by the tin worm, love to see some pics go up of your 2.0 laser had an 86 rosso myself for a while till i turned it into a strip car

5. Neil Stewart

Drives:
    Ford Capri Laser 2.0
    Thanks for the welcome. I will put some pictures up in the members cars forum.

Clockwork Orange likes this.