Hi all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Stinkyspanner, 12 February 2020.

1. Stinkyspanner

Stinkyspanner New Member Capri Power Member

Hey everyone, I've recently bought a 2.8i special on a bit of a whim. My Dad had a couple of 3.0 Capris as company cars when I was a kid-he was the general manager at a Ford dealer for a while. Later he had a 87 2.8i in blue and I have very happy memories of going to watch racing at Brands Hatch etc in that car. I can still remember the noise of the V6 just sounded awesome.
    Anyway I've got this car, I'm just going through all the niggles-usual stuff like poor cold start, heater not working, fuel guage not working, hrw not working, rear wiper not working, dash cracked etc etc! I'm really enjoying it actually and I have to say a massive thanks for all the info on this forum, particularly the wiring diagrams which have been invaluable. The body is in unusually good condition it seems, it's had no welding, it still has its original wings and strut tops although the paintwork is a bit tired in places so I suspect I'll end up getting it painted.
    I'm not sure how long I'll keep it, I wasn't really looking for one but it looked good so I bought it but I can already feel it getting under my skin a bit so who knows!
    Anyway, maybe see some of you around and about

Phil Work and Clockwork Orange like this.
  2. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    Welcome in. Keep in mind most of the wiring diagrams come from Scotland, and you'll be fine...:)

3. SIDEWAYS 3.0 GHIA

SIDEWAYS 3.0 GHIA Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    MK3 STRATOS SILVER 3.0 GHIA
    Welcome.
    You can't beat the sound of a V6, my dad as well influenced me majorly on my choice of wheels, he was an ardent Ford fan, but he did stray a little, he did have a Jaguar 420S and at one point several Triumph PI cars, probably because they were always breaking down and he did have a few Scimitars, one that l remember was a champagne colour, that he somehow got sideways and hit a telegraph pole!!!! Peter Smith's Sports Cars at Hatton repaired it and the car was never the same, think he took them to Court over the crap repair they did to the car.
    One of my many Capris in the eighties donated it's V6 to one of my dad's Scimitars, and he never paid me for it, l pulled that particular engine out with a piece of rope around the engine mounts and lifted the engine out on my own, got it on to the slam panel and lowered it into a wheel barrow, then pushed the wheel barrow 1/2 a mile to my lock up.
    Yes you've guessed it, I'm now in my 50s liying on the settee at the moment with a completely fu**ed back, the old man across the road would always pass words of wisdom to me as a youngster, such as, you'll pay for that when you are older, lie on some cardboard, the cold will bugger you up. Unfortunately at the time l was a know it all teenager and didn't take any of his advice!!!!

4. caprinerd

caprinerd Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    people mad, round the bend, up the wall, crazy and nuts
    welcome to the forum mate plenty of help here if needed

5. atomic4

atomic4 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Capri V8 4ltr Twin turbo. W reg 3ltr S.
    Hi there and welcome aboard. When you get a chance, put up some pics of the beast mate.

6. trevster mk 2

trevster mk 2 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    mk 2 2.9 cosworth boa ghia
    hi and welcome, it will surely get under your skin