Independant Insurance Valuation - Where From?

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by robt100, 17 April 2018.

1. robt100

robt100 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Lots of ongoing projects
    Hi Guys,

Currently having an argument with my insurer who have decided my agreed valuation is 5K LESS than last year, their reason being the base model the car started from (we will ignore the fact that the only thing from the base model thats left is the sunroof and steering wheel). But they are sticking to their guns and seem to not want to accept any proof I give them of other similar vehicles. Is there anywhere that I could get an independent valuation?

2. Lord Flasheart

Lord Flasheart Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Panzer, Jeep, CBR600, 3.0 Ghia
    Hopefully this might help

http://apps.hagerty.com/ukvaluation/index.html?showBacklink=1

3. robt100

robt100 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Lots of ongoing projects
    Aye, been through that, the problem is the car is reasonably modified with new engine g/box etc so the value wouldn't match up. If I took what they sat as the base price (freshly restored would be I think about 18k) then add the mods, well, their offer is below the first number! [​IMG]

4. Lord Flasheart

Lord Flasheart Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Panzer, Jeep, CBR600, 3.0 Ghia
    Always difficult to value a modded car, we have the same with our modified Jeep Wrangler, perversely though, by altering a standard Jeep with 3 mods, say tyres, bumpers & a winch, the policy is cheaper !!!

Over many years of having the Jeep, I have seen other Jeeps with thousands spent on them, never getting the value of the mods back, unless the vehicle is stripped back, the value seems to be in standard vehicles of whatever kind. Maybe that's how the insurance companies are looking at things too, who knows ?

Good luck with yours mate :headbang::