Interior Dying/spraying

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by Foxc, 12 May 2017.

1. Foxc

Foxc Registered Capri Power Member

Hi guys, looking for a place in Norfolk that would dye/spray my interior trim. Had a go at it myself last year, but the temp/moisture/dust in my workshop ruined any attempts. Anyone know of anywhere local to me that does this? Most auto places I have asked so far don't do trim parts.

Cheers

Charlie

2. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    Surprised there have been no responses to this, but also that you had so much trouble doing it yourself. Are you doing it in the shop because the pieces are still in the car? I use a wipe-on dye that could be done in the house, one panel at a time and dried enough in a couple of hours to be refitted, and makes professional-looking results easy. https://colorplus.com/products-page/color-plus/surflexstandard-colors-flexible-surface-colorant-for-leather-and-vinyl/

3. Foxc

Cheers fella. Might give this a go instead then, as all of the trim is out of the car. Didn't even think of trying to find something that wasn't an aerosol to be honest. Being able to do it inside like this would be ideal!

4. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    The dye product simply wipes or brushes on with a soft brush (follow directions, random short strokes rather than long straight ones) and will initially look like you want to keep brushing to make it an even dry, but don't. Just brush to get good cover and all the brush marks will magically disappear as it dries, leaving a nice even finish. Even for changing colour, it's quality stuff. Their citrus-based cleaner is also better than most, but maybe not worth sending over the pond, unless you wanted it to prep for their "Soffener", which is worth all that.

5. Foxc

Cheers for the advice pal. I'll give it a go when I get back from uni.