Lost and found

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by PenelopesMaster, 14 July 2019.

1. PenelopesMaster

PenelopesMaster Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mk1 Capri
    Hi all, needed to go from Fareham area to Ringwood today with a few little stops and stuff along the way. Perfect day for an outing in the Capri I thought. So I set off with the kids West down the m27. Picked up my brother and was about to rejoin the motorway and under acceleration had a horrible noise. Changed gear, sounded OK and decided to carry on with the journey. Drove lovely the rest of the way so parked up and saw family before heading back. Awesome drive home, felt really good cruising at 70 ish and parked up at home.
    Came outside to face the passenger side of the car for the first time since setting off and the rear quarter chrome strip on the passenger side is missing. ****
    Had to drive back through the road where I could hear the very odd noise, thinking this could have been the strip vibrating off but no luck.
    So if anyone happens to have seen a crome strip from a mk1 capri lying unwanted in the road could you please return it lol.

In all seriousness I do now need a replacement strip so if anyone has one please let me know. Disappointing end to a very good day in the capri.

2. BigJ

BigJ Registered Capri Power Member

Could have been worse...should be easily replaced

3. PenelopesMaster

Drives:
    Mk1 Capri
    Definitely could, last time I went that way 3 months or so ago my daily driver was written off.
    Checked ebay and there was a set of 4 almost as new side strips, wings and rear quarters ending tonight. Managed to pick them up for what I thought wasn't the worst price. Quicker to sort than expected

4. caprinerd

caprinerd Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    people mad, round the bend, up the wall, crazy and nuts
    Would this be the hokey stick?

5. PenelopesMaster

Drives:
    Mk1 Capri
    Not the hockey stick, they are actually held on properly from what I remember. It's the straight chrome strip in 3 sections that starts on the front wing, continues on the door and finishes on the rear quarter.
    You can see it well in this image I pulled from Google, below the dummy vents.

Ford_Capri_Mk1_3.jpeg
    The plastic clips that hold it are terrible, not sure how you are meant to get it on properly as the back of the trim seem to bend rather than clip over it. All of mine were bent when I first removed them so I know I'm not the only one that has trouble.

6. caprinerd

caprinerd Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    people mad, round the bend, up the wall, crazy and nuts
    some one on here made some of these a while back but cant remember who