MkI and MkII wanted for Classic Car Weekly Capri Feature

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by vintoni, 28 November 2018.

1. vintoni

vintoni Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mk3 Capri 2.8
    Hi all

I am currently writing a three page feature about Ford Capris for Classic Car Weekly to tie in with the 50th anniversary of the car’s appearance at the Brussels Motor Show in 1968 and I need a MkI and a MkII along with their owners to complete the piece. It will include what your Capri means to you, as well as a good quality image of you standing next to your Car.

In short I would like to know about the adventures you’ve enjoyed in your Capri, how much time and money you’ve invested in it and how its role over the years has changed.

We can conduct the interview via email if it’s easier or I could give you a call and we could have a chat.

PM me if you are interested in having your car featured in the paper and you can provide enough interesting content as outlined above. Again, I already have a MkIII, i.e. mine so I'm looking for a MkI and a MkII (regardless of engine size, trim level etc..) so as to provide a good mix of models.

Many thanks
    Dale

Rachelle W likes this.
  2. Rachelle W

Rachelle W New Member Capri Power Member

Drives:
    1974 Mercury Capri
    I might not be in the UK (USA actually) and thought you’d still be interested in my story...
    I inherited my Dad’s 74 CAPRI that’s been in the barn for 27 years (he bought it new from a Ford dealer on Aurora Ave in Seattle, WA). I grew up in the car, came home from the hospital in 1977 on my Mom’s lap after being born. I got to steer, sitting on Daddy’s lap, got to shift the gears from the passenger seat to get the feel and got to drive the car on my own at age 12 when he taught me how to drive stick in it. The image attached is my car. It’s ALL original (even the paint) I have had the gas tank and radiator hot tanked. New brakes, tune up parts (Daddy taught me how to set the points at that time) and a few other things needed to get it back on the road. When Dad towed it to my house it had taken me a year to talk him into giving it to me (I had been begging for the car since I was 16 years old) he cried when he handed me the keys (the memories, oh the memories) My Dad passed away in May of 2016 but he got to see it running and driving again before he passed away and would be blown away to have it featured.
    221307D3-3448-4DF1-B317-BFEA3F970830.jpeg

A9ED5FA3-A291-41B6-8A25-934C17913216.jpeg

B6A38855-E1E5-4546-B47B-DCDF37FD4581.jpeg

If your interested in more information along with the photo you requested you can email me rachellebrownwatson@gmail.com
    or call me 1-206-370-2029

3. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    I did ponder offering mine, but that's a far more deserving story. My vote's for Rachelle. And her Dad.
    (Welcome to Oregon)

Clockwork Orange likes this.
  4. chris249

chris249 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    1.6 LS, 1.6 Laser, 2.8
    Crash & Burn likes this.
  5. vintoni

vintoni Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mk3 Capri 2.8
    Thanks for the replies I have already had regarding this feature, much appreciated. It's been suggested I should talk with Kevin Hickling (Diana Midnight) of the Mk II Register about a good candidate car. I've messaged him but I'd appreciate a PM from anyone who could help with contact details.

Cheers
    Dale

6. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Electrical ??? what like .. bzztt Feck !!! Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    vintoni and Crash & Burn like this.