My Capri History

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Alan Blowers, 18 February 2021.

1. Alan Blowers

Alan Blowers Member Capri Power Member

Drives:
    various
    Hi my name is Alan, I have a keen interest in classic Fords, but the Capri is my favourite. The first car I had was a Capri Mk 2 1600GL in sebring red. I then got a Mk3 3.0s in Oyster Gold and sold this to buy a 2.8 inj X reg in Caspian Blue over silver ( I sold it and it was written off within 2 weeks). I then got a Mk 1 1600GT facelift in sebring red and sold it in 1987. Since then getting older I have been lucky enough to hold on to some later acquisitions and currently own a 3L MK2 Ghia Auto in Black, A Mk2 2L Ghia Auto in flame orange, a Mk1 1600GT XLR special in Black and a 2.8 Injection Special in red. Unfortunately having held on to them for 17 years plus, they are all in need of some tlc. During lockdown I have become re-enthused and looking to getting them all up and running. So I am glad I have found this forum to get me motivated!

2. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    Welcome home. There's motivation here for any level of work or result you'd like. Owning that many Capris, it would seem someone would have steered you here before now.

3. Lord Flasheart

Lord Flasheart Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Panzer, Jeep, CBR600, 3.0 Ghia
    Welcome aboard sir :)

Post up some pictures of your fleet when you have a moment, we love pictures on here ;)

4. caprinerd

caprinerd Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    people mad, round the bend, up the wall, crazy and nuts
    welcome to the forum Alan, get some pics up in the members cars section, so we can drool over them (in private with tissues) as I'm sure we would all love to see them, the MK1 GTXLR personally id love to see, it doesn't mater the condition of them, as its a case of them being about that's important
    Rog

5. Alan Blowers

Drives:
    various
    Thanks. I have been to a couple of shows Battlesbridge and Dunton 50th anniversary, but I am just getting where I have a bit more time to spend on trying to get mine up and running.

6. Alan Blowers

Drives:
    various
    I will post some photos, but my mk1 special and the mk2 3l ghia are in rented garages which I can't access until after lockdown but will post some when I can. Will dig some photos out and post on what I can, have some recent ones of the other 2 which I will try and upload tomorrow

caprinerd and Clockwork Orange like this.
  7. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Glasgow Subway- Keeping it simple since 1896 Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    excellent news, get your diary started in Members Capris..will be great to read your adventures..

8. stevo

stevo Registered Capri Power Member

Welcome, looking forward to seeing some photos of your impressive fleet!!!

9. Alan Blowers

Drives:
    various
    Have posted a couple of pics to 'members Capris' hope I have done it right

10. Lord Flasheart

Lord Flasheart Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Panzer, Jeep, CBR600, 3.0 Ghia
    Just the job sir ;)