New Parcel Shelf

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by doormandean, 13 November 2011.

1. doormandean

doormandean Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mk3 Capri 2.0
    Alright people!

To be honest, I've been really lazy with the cappa recently. I had a little 'moment' when my essentially brand new wing mirrors started to show signs of rust, stopped sulking now and going to give them a damn good clean up with chrome polish and use some ACF50 on them for the winter - I use it on my bikes for the winter and it keeps all the nasty weather/salt etc at bay.

Anyway, moving on. As we know the parcel shelves tend to be pants, and I've been thinking of ways of supporting the old one. Then when I went to my head office the other day, the lads in the carpentry firm below our office who usually make kitchens and stuff, said they'd make up a parcel shelf for me for naff all! They'd make sure it looks ace and all routed (?) etc and fit my speakers in. Clearly it's going to be a lot tidier than what I'd make up with a grinder and big hammer (really not great on MDF).

So picked up some speakers (6 x 9's) off ebay, that I looked for reviews for online and they had a cracking write up (£20, should be loads more... Bargain!) Hopefully we'll get it all sorted this week, so I'll post up pics when I get is all on!

2. Doc

Doc Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    SAAB Aero Hot and 1978 Mk2 2.0S
    cant wait to see the result mate.

3. wildwest-capri

wildwest-capri Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    MK3 Laser used by the BBC. aka Mellow Yellow

Nice one Dean.I also made my own MDF shelf too.I made it to look just like the original one.Very cool indeed.

Don't forget the pics mate :thumbup1:

4. mk3laserboy

mk3laserboy Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    June'11 CF, Ashes To Ashes! Soon to become a 5ltr V8custom MK2 X-pack , custom exhaust system
    ..definately the custom shelf mate!! did one for mine too!
    ..be careful tho, don't put too many speakers in it (like me) or your shelf won't stay on the support strings :rolleyes:

5. Copey

Copey Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Sierra Sapphire, Ford Capri
    made a shelf for mine too, its the way forwards!

6. vintoni

vintoni Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mk3 Capri 2.8
    Does anyone have a template for the parcel shelf so those of us without even a donor can make one up?

Cheers
    Vin

7. clicon357

clicon357 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    MK2 1976 2.0L GL (rotten), Mk3 1983 2.0L "S" (basically just the shell), MK3 1.6L Cabaret (nearest to being back on the road) - all in bits! Focus 2.0 Ghia Zetec for the daily drive!
    Kitchen fitters?? You just know you're going to get a 30mm thick beech block effect or maybe nice marble effect shelf. will look superb with a stainless kettle and toaster on it! :lol: