sportex exhaust systems

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by caprinerd, 3 June 2019.

1. caprinerd

caprinerd Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    people mad, round the bend, up the wall, crazy and nuts
    Hi all ive just been on fleagay looking at the sportex systems for the pinto now this is what ive found

manifold £118 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sportex-...m3f07e414cf:g:HXAAAMXQCndRhPHX&frcectupt=true

exhaust system £142 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sportex-...:Capri&hash=item4685602de3:g:tTIAAOSw0Nlbni-2

now my math works this out as £260 have had the calculator out and even my abacus and this is the price to buy both items
    now heres the thing to buy both as a package deal is £1258 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sportex-...:Capri&hash=item3fabc3235c:g:wy8AAOSwR39bnjDH

same company so why is it over £1000 more to get them together
    any one shed some light as im getting no where with the company selling

2. Nick

Nick A human. Being. Staff Member Forum Tech

Drives:
    Zetec Capri
    Alot of companys do that when the item is out of stock I think Rog, they have probably forgot to readjust the price when the parts come back in. Got my eye on a welder at the moment, and the price went up to 4 grand the other day. I think it saves them relisting it doing it this way so it stays in the users watch list

3. BigJ

BigJ Registered Capri Power Member

I had a Sportex manifold and system fitted to my Pinto years ago. Worst thing I ever did. Noise was unbearable and if anything, the performance went down not up. Refitted the standard system and restored the enjoyment and drivability of the Pinto . My advice is save your money and spend it elsewhere.

4. CapriJake

CapriJake Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Capris!
    I have the peter lloyd full system on my pinto, i think its just a rebranded Sportex.
    It fitted really easily and sounds great imo.

Youll find the same exhaust on other websites for similar prices, if not cheaper.

The increase in price is either a mistake or as Nick says, just a way to stop people buying it for a limited time.

5. caprinerd

caprinerd Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    people mad, round the bend, up the wall, crazy and nuts
    i have now heard back from them telling me they have both items in stock and that was their answer to my question guess they wont be getting my custom as they cant even answer a simple question
    Big J i had th sportex on it already and yes it was loud but i loved the sound also its a lot quieter than the wifes MK2 MR2 and thats quieter than the Capri with the v8 and that was 102 decibles as i used it on the strip only in the end