STOLEN - B54 Odx between mid august-11 September

Discussion in 'Members Capris' started by mgentry90, 27 August 2014.

1. mgentry90

mgentry90 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    so then, i guess since ive been posting so much bs over the years its about time i started a little thread.
    When i got it, it was a totally standard 1600 laser other than a 2.0l carb and maybe one or two things. body work looked great and it was all good. Then the idea of upgrading the engine was thrown around at work, so a 2.0 overbored engine was put in place of the 1.6. This eventually had bike carbs fitted and sounded awesome and went awesomer. at time of engine change i put the bigger 2.8 drums and calipers on although the m/c and servo stayed the same, so probably made f all difference.

about a year and a half ago maybe.. nicks capri was featured in a car mag. my work mate who drifts and always like the ca18 engine caught glimpse of it and said my car would go like hell with one on it. Being a lover of speed i agreed, never seeing one of these engines before and not really knowing what i was doing. so the 2.0l pinto came out along with carbs and box. sold for a pretty sum.
    Borrowed a van, headed south and picked up the new engine box an fmic loom and a rad that was so f'ed i shouldve left it, all for less than i got from the old engine WIN!

with nicks car for inspiration, and an overdraft for spending, this is what it looks like so far. its all in rough, needs lots doing still so will all be pulled out when i know where everything else goes.

ca18det, large (but skinny) fmic, t28 turbo, stage 1 or 2 chip cant remember. will be making it stage 3 when its in properly, will be pushing 300bhp all going well.

to help stop its got mondeo front calipers (caprisport gtr280 kit) and sierra rear discs and calipers with ebc pads all round. and 2.0l servo, lr m/c.

will update as i go along.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AS YOU CAN SEE, THE FMIC IS PERFECTLY STRAIGHT LOL

2. Finn

Finn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri
    It all looks good to me! Finn.

3. Nick

Nick A human. Being. Staff Member Forum Tech

Drives:
    BMW
    About bloody time you got this up. Looking good fella. Whats next on the list?

4. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Steads is making me rear spring hanger panel, and a couple of small bits. Once the spring hanger is on, I can finish the paint and unseal on that leg, fit the injection tank and pump. Then fit the new fuel lines and filter.

It's all happening in a process to try to save taking things on and off again.
    I can then fit my lsd 2.8 axle, and springs, sort out the handbrake workings etc.

Oh and I'm currently making a fan shroud for my ally rad. Got the fan already to fit on it. Had a go at tig welding it today and FAILED. So fobbed it over to a mate for a free lunch

5. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    small update, fan shroud is inline to being welded for me by my dads work mate, i tried at my work place but couldnt get the hang of it.
    bought a couple of take offs one for a boost feed and one for a dump valve. dump valve is a bailey ms one from ebay. will see if a mate at work can stick them on as he was on hols when i tried the tig out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

whooooosh!

6. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    got the fan shroud back now, the mounting bars were riveted on instead of welded as the welding guys werent in last week. but hey ho should do the job. a pic of it fitted and a pic of my home bent shroud (dont look at the corners guys they melted away when i tried tigging them).

[​IMG]

there is lots of clearance from the pulley, just doesnt show it here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

heres where i put the loom to the ECU through the bulk head. i removed the coolant expansion tank as i will be buying a shiny one and relocating it later on. here i will mount the fuel filter using the old coil bracket, and below that ive drilled a 57mm hole into behind the glove box.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the ECU will be mounted to the bottom of the glove box. gives enough room for feet to move around, and its kinda out the way.
    towards the bulk head it will be fitted with a nut onto the stud for the glove box, and using some sticky velcrow strip i will hold the other side on, means its easy to remove if needed, and using velcrow like i used for cd player means less agrow making holes in glove box to bolt the other end of the ecu on.

[​IMG]

also picked this up yesterday from ebay, supposed to be an original 20 yr old x pack, not full front wing version, doesnt even have the sides that go towards to doors so its open there on the front wings. should be a nice add on to the project, but now i need to sort wheels again. but i may just space my brooklands rep wheels out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

if my pictures are too big let me know and i will try to shrink them down.

7. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Little update, today I replaced the driver side rear spring hanger. Zinc primered it. Tomorrow I'll stone chip and underseal it. Then it's on with putting the fuel tank back on.

Also untaped all the engine loom and moved some wiring from the pass side of engine bay to the drivers side, this was the coil ignition wire, the starter trigger wire and the battery feed wires.

8. brettp

brettp Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    capri v8
    Should be good fun

9. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Small update. Engine will be started for the first time during next week hopefully. Just need a mate to sort wires out on 1 of the loom plugs for me, and £20 worth of petrol and will finally see if The ebay bought engine was any good.
    Cranked it over though yesterday so I know it's not seized :)

On a bad note: the cheap self adhesive velcrow tape holding the Ecu in place has already given up. So will look at another way to secure it in the future.

10. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    due to other commitments i havent been able to get the engine started yet. christmas time now so thought i would treat myself and use some wages for me instead of bills.

gax rear adjustable shocks

[​IMG]

got a set of shock bolts coming from caprisport.
    also roped my girlfriend into getting me a 19 row oil cooler kit from ebay for me and my sister might get me some u bolts for the car. once i have all of the bolts i will get it all on and it will be rolling again. instead of being stuck on a-stands.

11. mk3laserboy

mk3laserboy Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    June'11 CF, Ashes To Ashes! Soon to become a 5ltr V8custom MK2 X-pack , custom exhaust system
    Good to see this having some tlc Mike!

..liking the early xmas prezzies too mate!!

12. resto2.8i

resto2.8i Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Silver Porsche 996 Carrera 4S, black 2.8i and a mk1 3000gt xlr v8 cologne arched project
    How much were the gaz shocks and from where mate as I fancy a set for my 2.8i

13. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Burtonpower less than £120 posted

14. resto2.8i

resto2.8i Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Silver Porsche 996 Carrera 4S, black 2.8i and a mk1 3000gt xlr v8 cologne arched project
    Thanks matey, be good to see this car running, scott

15. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    MX5 daily, Mk3 Capri (project yet again)
    Nice looking build :)
    I've been considering that engine for mine but I'm still not sure if it's right for a capri or not, great work none the less :)

16. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    The concern I have with this engine is what the exhaust will sound like.. I miss the pinto scream it used to have.

17. ThatGuy

Drives:
    I can live with the sound of any engine as you can always get them to sound good with a nice exhaust. For me it's whether it's too much of a ricer engine for a capri :p

18. ThatGuy

Drives:
    Any progress on this?

19. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Yes and no mate. Brakes are now off again due to handbrake issue. When funds are up big red are overhauling all 4 for a nice £250 inc postage back. So that's a backward step.

the engine is due to be wired up Tuesday (been told a definate) so Tuesday I will be happy. I tried to wire it myself but something must be wrong as the power transistor unit got burny hot to touch and it didn't fire up. Had to tighten a few fuel hoses so at least I can say the fuel system is ok from tank to engine. If the engine starts Tuesday I will try to upload a vid on Saturday but I've not done it before so will see how it goes.

20. ThatGuy

Drives:
    Sounds good man, hope you get everything sorted and running right :) I'm strongly considering the swap now after seeing a few people do it. How much work was it to get then engine and box to fit? Was there much fab work?

21. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Piece of cake mate. Provided you have a welder of corse.

When I get my copy of the wire diagram for fitting the engine (incase of future issues) I will upload a copy on the engine conversion area. It just shows what needs constant live, switched live etc to have it running.

22. ThatGuy

Drives:
    That would be amazing man, it's looking more and more like I'm going to have to do the swap at some point this year :)

23. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    It lives! The coil amp was fluffed, replaced it (turned up today in post) and tried it just now. Sounds rumbly without an exhaust pipe, but good none the less. A video will follow tomorrow. Woo

24. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    A few vids of startup. Didn't start first time as it needed a touch of throttle but holding the phone, turning the key and turning the throttle actuator with only 2 hands proved difficult, that's why its up on 3 separate vids and not 1

http://youtu.be/ON78__gmGU4

http://youtu.be/xkHGCEH4siQ

http://youtu.be/HmNCO2JKqAM

25. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    a few updates. after finding water in the boot from a rusty tailgate i have purchased one from another member which turned out (as he said to me) to be pretty mint, although glass-less. so i got onto ebay and bought a tube of tiger seal and a glass bond cutter and yesterday i removed the tailgate, swapped the glass over, and am currently in process of swapping the lock and odd bits over to the new tailgate. heres the new one in the kitchen floor out of the english weather.

[​IMG]

i have also been fitting my spal electric window kit i bought from cci years ago. the switches are located in the centre console in front of the clock. i think ive seen them here before on someone elses car so im not stealing credit for the idea. the wiring needs tidying up still and my other half went maplin yesterday for some 90degree connectors for me. heres a few pictures of the console.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and lastly for now.. im toying with the idea of a push start button that i bought years ago off ebay, honda s2000 type. not sure if this will happen as it means removing the keyswitch and relocating but i cant think where to put it without losing useable space ie in the console section or the ashtray. the switch looks nice here though..

[​IMG]

26. ThatGuy

Drives:
    I say ditch the push start and get everything running off of toggle switches, true racecar style :)

27. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    did a few odd bits since posting. the fuel filter has been moved from above the exhaust area to under the car, using one of those alloy fuel pump brackets off ebay. this is just nut and bolted on loosely, i will probable weld the nuts inplace inside the car as captive nuts and use stainless cap heads for ease of removal if needed. ive also made a bracket out of flat plate for my oil cooler, to mount this all ive done it weld 3 nuts to the top of the chassis member thing and used short bolts to hold the plate on. the plate sits under the radiator and the oil cooler sits between the rad and intercooler. the plate may need some structural bracing made at some point to stop flex but will see how it goes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also an image of my messy but functional wiring, mounted where the washer bottle used to be. using 90 degree connectors and a new 8 way fuse box. got a terminal point for my boot mounted battery cable to fix to and use as a take off. a relay for fuel pump and a relay for ignition switching to the switched side of fuse box. ( 5 fuses are live 3 fuses are switched). the relays will be screwed in place and the terminal bolted correctly. the tidying will be done with engine out during fab works/repairs to body.

[​IMG]

and also my new clear washer tube which isnt connected to any pot yet as im yet to get one and mount. it will probably go under the wheel arch somewhere to be hidden and clearing the bay.

[​IMG]

After fitting the fuel filter i noticed some rust issue under there at front of footwell, so today i have starter interior strip down. shows there is no logic in my work as one minute im fitting parts, the next its going for a strip down. so the plan now.. strip the interior, remove the heater assembly ready for motor replacement at some point (might use the electric fan method someone on here used as its cheaper), also remove the pedal box for hydro clutch mod. a couple of wiring ends to tie up. need to think about doing some body repairs and a good clean up underneath, then repaint and re underseal like i did under the axle area. i need to wire brush the boot area, weld a few small holes.
    ive also ordered a black silicone hose reducer to replace the blue on on my inlet manifold. once this is fitted (just to say its done) i will have to look into engine removal ready for engine bay clean up which included removing the excess metal left from the battery tray, radiator mounts, modifying the slam panel, plugging the unused holes, looking into mounting the washer and expansion bottles i still havent bought. the repainting or just priming the engine bay.

cleaning the engine up will be nice to do, the body work, not so much lol

28. Liverpool-Lad

Liverpool-Lad Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    208bhp 2.8i Turbo
    Quick Q - the Motorcraft fuel filter...are these still available from Ford?

29. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Not sure, eBay mate, cheap enough and real. Although it's too small dia for the bracket so some duc tape or sort will be needed to take up the space

30. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Small update. No pics. Seats and carpet stripped out. Removed the floor soundproofing and the hard black stuff on the floor (didn't use the dryice in the end) this took a good few hours but was simple enough. Found some work that needs doing: front bottom strip of drivers floor pan, 1x floor button needs replacing, the drivers side joint behind the kick plate where it meets the floor has a small hole now. And small area to check in the passengers floor. Wings off time to do there pairs. Tried to remove the drivers wing today but was defeated, don't want to but might have to get the cutting discs out on it.

31. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Wing is off. Wing is dead. Me 1 - wing 0. Tried to keep it safe but unfortunately it was easier to cut it and bend it (frustration took over). I will take pics as soon as I can but not tonight. A few bits to do. Headlamp bowl, a post wing removal damage, wing rail, a post/floor seam. Next job: grinder with wire cup- clean off the dirt and under seal to see what I'm deing with.

32. mick

mick Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    capri 2.8i
    Nice mods, I like the push button start and window switches, ive got pushbutton for mine. Hope the bodywork goes ok, thats the trouble when you remove things, you always find hidden surprises

33. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    cleaned off a post underseal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

headlamp bowl (or whats left) the usual capri state..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nothing too major looking, but the rust "patches" in picture 3 makes me worry its from the inside out. what do you guys reckon, will there be a rust issue the other side of the rust patches that havent fully penetrated outside?

34. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    some boring photos.

engine loom has been shortened in places so i adjusted this bracket to hold this thing, cant remember what it is right now though lol. will probably weld some nuts on the bottom instead of the nylocs so they are shorter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and also been ebay shopping for preparation of welding the bi7ch up.
    [​IMG]

35. ThatGuy

Drives:
    Got so much love for this build, mainly because it's what in planning in doing later this year but with an sr20. From the pictures the rust doesn't look too bad just keep soldiering on, keep up the good work man :)

36. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Thanks, I know this is pretty common swap these days and there's even been a couple on eBay with them in, but it should be p*$$ scary when it's done, as I've never driven a performance car before lol. I've booked off 26-27th may especially for welding, although I'll probably only get a small amount done. I'm not looking forward to removing he pass side wing as the first one was a pain. But it should look nice when the drivers side is done. The x pack will probably get fitted professionally when it's painted, so I'll underseal "under the wings" and just keep it covered before its xpacked.

37. ThatGuy

Drives:
    Are you reusing the wings your cutting off or no? If not just run a grinder horizontaly down the wing lip and rip the f***er off, what how I got mine off and juat grind down all the left over s*** :)

38. trevster mk 2

trevster mk 2 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    mk 2 2.9 cosworth boa ghia
    you have been busy Mike, good luck with the weldathon hope nothing too nasty is revealed, i will follow with interest
    best wishes trev

39. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Glasgow Subway- Keeping it simple since 1896 Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    tbh - its a 4cyl screamer - its going to sound just great ....

6cyls have a sound, 8cyls have a sound .. yours is going to sound just great ..
    and with the bodywork sorted - whats to worry/ .. get it going.. ENJOY

40. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    :boxedin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

41. saf_capri

saf_capri Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mk3 XE
    They look good! Especially if you can use the green colour coding on stitching and outside!

42. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    I'm planning on redoing them red instead of green. The overall car will be black and red theme. I like them but they might sit a bit high. Will modifie and mount them tomorrow :)

43. Kris

Kris Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    Mk3 2.9S Cosworth 24V
    If they are the same seats I think they are, they cost more than twice what I paid for my Ford Cougar :p! Looking lovely! Jealous.com!

44. tazla

tazla Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mk2 3.0s
    Coming on a treat,seats are smart.keep up the good work

45. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    saw other people giving great updates and got jelous for not having time for my own. so did sprayed the intercooler satin black today.

[​IMG]

also did some welding couple weeks ago, repairs to under the drivers wing and headlamp bowl, all painted and stone chipped just got to underseal it. no pics of this yet. and still trying to get the passenger seat to feel right, moving it back and down as much as i can.

46. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    forgot: the engine and gearbox are out now aswell. replaced rear seal in gearbox - shifter boot and bush on shifter end. will give it a quick blast with aluminium silver paint when it finally turns up. engine will get a strip down and tart up eventually.

[​IMG]

47. trevster mk 2

Drives:
    good progress Mike, engine looks really clean, good luck with the rebuild[​IMG]

48. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    gearbox has been cleaned up, sprayed in aluminium paint and satin black bits. rear seal replaced, shifter boot and shifter end bush replaced. all looking hunkydory, however i havent had this in use yet to know if its 100% good. fingers crossed this isnt a waste of time!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

49. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    News: Progress is minimal, work conditions is unreasonable. Chance of me finishing this before I die is zero.

So I've booked the car in with a professional, if plans go right It will leave my back garden within the next week. i won't say where it's going yet, but it's someone you've all heard of.

I'm very excited and I'm going to be working as much as I can to get the funds together quicker.

50. trevster mk 2

Drives:
    good decision Mike, although it's nice to do things yourself if possible it's always the time factor. if your'e busy working and earning more it's probably better to hand it over to someone who will get it done quicker than you could have
    good luck with it and is it Steve, steads, wayne etc?

51. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    It is Steve that's taking on the task of correcting my work lol.

It leaves me for the first time in 7 years Wednesday 8am, to return to me as a masterpiece. I'm still undecided on a few things, but I'm currently sticking with black.

52. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    The car has left, Steve (elliecharlie) will have it in his mitts around 10-11am. Watch this space

53. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Glasgow Subway- Keeping it simple since 1896 Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    now that seems a wise choice, he isn't really that far away from you, and at the speed he works at you'll get it back yesterday!!!

54. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    before it left:

[​IMG]

shy thing now resting in its new temp home. notice its been pushed to one side with the other shot away from the shiny one lol joke.

[​IMG]

55. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    That pretty well ends any complaints about lack of progress. :guitar3:

56. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    You say that crash... But I forgot to send the x pack kit with the car! So now it stops till I get a courier to take it up there. LOL! I can't organise anything

57. elliecharlie2008

elliecharlie2008 S M Classic Cars Trader

Drives:
    several capris
    dont worry too much once the kit comes up it will all fall into place :thumbup1:

58. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
  59. trevster mk 2

Drives:
    safari so good (sorry couldn't resist), but hey that's some serious progress there, bet you're well chuffed mike[​IMG]

60. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Very pleased, especially after seeing a nice dark green x pack at battlesbridge Sunday. Now I know what mine may look like body wise as I'd never paid much attention to the only other x pack I've seen in he flesh lol. Subtle but wide, and I think it's gonna be awesome

61. Nick

Drives:
    BMW
    Looking wide mate, coming on nicely. Gearbox has cleaned up well too

Nick

62. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Thanks mate, gearbox looks impressive for me.. Not much progress yet but still saving up and getting ideas together between me and Steve so we know which direction to go with everything.

63. elliecharlie2008

Drives:
    several capris
    It's getting it right so when it goes to paint all is good,strong and the best it can be
    It's the little bits needed to change that make the difference like loosing the door locks and going to the ones in the handles they just look so much cleaner that way
    Once the new front wings arrive it will start to move quickly lol

64. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    A few update pictures. body kit is on, painters will be smoothing it in when they go to paint it. just saving up money for the paint fund. one of the next jobs for steve is to MAKE THOSE SEATS FIT!!! lol im nervous about if they can be used or not as ive butchered them now trying it myself.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

65. Nick

Drives:
    BMW
    Saving up for the paint job always seems tedious, but the result will be well worth it. :thumbup1:

66. elliecharlie2008

Drives:
    several capris
  67. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Big thanks to nial, my search for a lock in handle full locks set and key has just arrived with Steve. One more thing off the list. On with the saving!

68. trevster mk 2

Drives:
    good luck with the saving Mike, i suggest becoming the Grinch and cancel christmas[​IMG]

69. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Sold these

[​IMG]

And these

[​IMG]

Steve did this

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

70. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Update from today, painters primed some more, looking great.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

71. elliecharlie2008

Drives:
    several capris
    Your getting giddy now arnt you lol
    first coat of prime needs to sit for a few days then block back second coat that sits for 24hrs then block back the last wey coat then wet and dry flat and its paint time
    steve

72. 302Capri

302Capri Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '79 Mk3 BOA, '69 Mk1 GT V8
    Great progress, I love the X packs. Stop putting ideas in my head :boxedin:

73. trevster mk 2

Drives:
    great progress Mike, you must be well chuffed, getting close to finish now[​IMG]

74. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    I'm getting excited but there's still lots to buy/save up for. But it's coming along quickly

75. elliecharlie2008

Drives:
    several capris
  76. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Thanks for posting Steve, saves me half hour doing it via the iPhone. I love it so far, but my eyes are drawn to those awfully dirty wheels and im trawling the imaginary internet in my mind for a set that would suit

77. elliecharlie2008

Drives:
    several capris
    nothing wrong with my custom backwards steelies with spacers lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

78. elliecharlie2008

Drives:
    several capris
  79. 302Capri

302Capri Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '79 Mk3 BOA, '69 Mk1 GT V8
    Looks amazing!

80. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last one is just to show how shiny it is... :)

81. elliecharlie2008

Drives:
    several capris
    The nobs lol

82. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting better and better, looks loads different with some window bits on.

83. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Engine rebuilt:

Oil pump
    Water pump
    Crank main and big end bearings
    New belts
    Piston rings
    Full gasket rebuild kit
    Clutch
    Thermostat
    Exhaust studs etc
    Probably forgot something, all gen Nissan parts apart from clutch.

Mounted neatly in the hole - in the living room that is.

[​IMG]

Rebuilt t28 turbo from an sr20 engine somewhere. New larger billet compressor wheel fitted and the bits bored out to make it fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My birthday today so got a bit of money to spend. Will buy new turbo oil and water lines and a silicone hose kit as these ones I'm told by the rebuilder that they are a bit old and could use replacing.

Then lastly on the wish list is powder coating of the rocker covers and done ready to take up to steve

84. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Was playing with the turbo and manifold, snapped a stud on the stainless manifold I had. Tossed it into the corner and bought a used Nissan one off my mate instead. Stainless ones available for these im told can't cope with the heat and crack at the welds.. not worth the mess around for me.

[​IMG]

Also bought new turbo hoses from hel eBay. £80 for 3 hoses but touch wood will be worth the extra spend rather than buying others at half price.

[​IMG]

85. brettp

brettp Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    capri v8
    nice project should go well

86. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Eventually..

..wish the winning lottery numbers would land on my lap some day

87. capri280

capri280 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Wife MAD!!!!
    Just found this, All i can say is wow great job you've done, looks fantastic,
    :headbang::

88. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    The more I think about it, the less I realise I've actually done myself. I seem to be motivated right up till I've got tools out, then I can't be arsed. I remember Being like that as a kid setting up games and toys.

I think it's about time nick updated his too

89. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Well. Finally got the turbo bolted on after a couple of small problems. The banjo for oil feed given to me with the turbo after its refurb was wrong for the turbo, needed cutting down and I had it countersunk to fit over a lump inside the oil feed hole of the turbo. Of course, this banjo is what I wanted to do up first due to space constraints so this was the set back. This has finally been rectified using a pillar drill and a lathe as I couldn't find one to buy.

See below: hot side complete.

[​IMG]

Last thing left till it goes to the car is find the breather hoses from the rocker covers, find and add back the hose fittings from the hoses to the rocker covers, then get rocker covers powder coated.

90. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
  91. Nick

Drives:
    BMW
    Coming together nicely mate. Merry christmas :thumbup1:

92. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Modified pedals for hydro clutch, not bad really

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

93. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Battery now in boot
    [​IMG]

Rear calipers and new wheels
    [​IMG]

Pic of the car
    [​IMG]

94. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    New gauges arrived.
    [​IMG]

Also, not keen on the way the images come up from postimg site, will have to look at what other sizes come out like..

95. Zwien22

Zwien22 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mk3
    Try imgur. Im really happy with that. Good work so far! Those speedhut gauges? Have one and i love it!

96. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Yea speed hut ones, look easy to fit too so can’t wait to get them in

97. Clockwork Orange

Drives:
    you're using the wrong code (thumbnails) .. use 'Hot Link for forums'
    I have taken the liberty of changing your last 2 posts to the correct codes !

Looks piggin' smart does that Capri !

98. ThatGuy

Drives:
    Can you repost the pictures of the modified pedals? I need to do something similar with mine and wouldn't mind seeing how other have done it.

99. mgentry90

Drives:
    capri obviously!
    Reposted, the next problem with the clutch is getting hosed made up to length.. anyone used Pirtek? Or who else makes custom hoses for clutch?

100. Ptgladstone

Ptgladstone Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Peter gladstone
    I’ve used Pirtek before and where great