Strip o Scorp

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by eau de cologne, 6 January 2020.

1. eau de cologne

eau de cologne Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    sorned capris
    Hi
    I am about to start dismantling a Scorpio Ultima, the buckeyed sort nobody wants anything from it apart from the useful bits I want. Which includes the Cosworth and it's ancillaries where they can be used. Also the ICE, and the gearshift if I elect to fit the autobox, leather seats with the view to fitting out the Capri with a leather interior. Is there anything else anybody can recommend removing that would fit the Capri e.g. the electric windows, central locking even the mercury fuel trip switch.

Bert

2. BigJ

BigJ Registered Capri Power Member

Brake calipers?

3. caprimk3

caprimk3 Richard Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mondeo Mk3, 78' Capri 2.3S
    Brakes are handy.
    So are the wiring loom boots in rubber which lives on the ends of the loom connected to several places on the engine.
    Those cleans up no end when fitting new connectors to temp sensors etc.
    My mate gave me this tip.

The rubber boot between body and doors may be useful to.

One of my mates have good leather seats from his former Mk3 Granada (Mk1 Scorpio here), he could not get rid of, despite lowering the price to a bare minimum.
    Now he will use those seats in his mancave aka garage he is building right now.

Other than the things you mentioned, I can't think of things that may fit in a Capri.
    Maybe the sunroof switch/light panel?

4. eau de cologne

Drives:
    sorned capris
    I doubt the calipers would work, the discs have a larger diameter at 278 mm so if the calipers were universal at all they would have to be further out from the leg, every Capri novice would be putting them on their cars, I'll look into it anyway, I already have a CapriSport set up,(Beamer discs):rolleyes:
    The engine bay wiring loom all the way back to the ECU and fuse box has to be pulled out as a norm. The door rubber boots would have to pulled for the window winder and anything else that's inside the door. Any electronic dashboard dials would have to be pulled, it has to considered that much of everything is on a multiplex flyby wire system so new cabling is required. Slightly off topic; is it possible to obtain the waterproof connectors as blanks that Ford use in the engine bay.
    I'm building a house it will have three Man Caves the other half will get some exercise trying to find me, but she'll get a Femme Den:D, one of them will get my cotton Recaros probably the games room.;)

Bert

5. caprimk3

caprimk3 Richard Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mondeo Mk3, 78' Capri 2.3S
    My mate is running front calipers from a Scorpio Cosworth, and using 283mm Sierra Cosworth disc.
    He also run the rear calipers from the same car.

6. eau de cologne

Drives:
    sorned capris
    And there is no engineering!, at the back I have the Sierra Cosworth calipers on Fiesta discs an off the shelf item . If the total Scorpio set up is right I could have saved myself a wad.

Bert