Well worth a watch - Capri RS2600 Video

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by benmay100, 12 September 2021.

1. benmay100

benmay100 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    MK1 3.0 GT / MK3 2.0 Laser | Currently Restoring: MK1 RS2600

Ford of Europe video review on the RS2600

Amazing quality, sound up!

If you're anything like me you'll end up watching this many times.

Clockwork Orange likes this.
  2. Dazzler666

Dazzler666 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mk.3 2.8i Capri (A-reg)
    Great little watch

benmay100 likes this.
  3. benmay100

benmay100 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    MK1 3.0 GT / MK3 2.0 Laser | Currently Restoring: MK1 RS2600
    My favourite part… where he says “I’m falling in love with this car… COMPLETELY falling in love with it”

A feeling most of us on here will know well.

4. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Glasgow Subway- Keeping it simple since 1896 Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    to my mind - definitely the best incarnation of the Capri ... at a tad over 2.6 litres, rated 150bhp .. only really beaten by the Werks Turbo so many years later ..

also Nice that 'Mr G' got a mention in the film ..

5. Rafer

Rafer Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    280 xpack project
    Nice vid as it brings back good memories as I lived in Bruhl Germany in the early 90's for 5 years between Koln and the Eiffel Valley. I had my black D reg 240 bhp Turbo Technics out there and remember driving through that tunnel loads of times to get to the train station in Koln.
    I remember one Sunday morning leaving Bruhl to head to the main station in Koln as that was the only place you get get todays paper or the Sunday paper on the day, it was about a 20 min drive at high speeds to get there. I would then race back and cook a proper English fry up and read the Sunday paper.
    This one time on the way back to my flat, the 2.8 turbo just started coughing and spluttering as I was leaving the autobahn, if any one knows that the exits of the autobahn are usually tight circles and I remember drifting it around it while she was spluttering and thinking it was just fuel starvation of the tight circle and the speed I was going.
    Got to the end of it at a junction and she just conked out!, so I popped the bonnet to look what was going on and as I did the extra injector fuel line on the inlet pipe had split and was spraying a mist of petrol all over the very hot turbo, my mate who was my passenger saw this and run up the road away from the car as he thought it was going to go boom!
    I really don't know how it didn't, but I had no tools on me to fix it and all I could do was strip a biro pen down that I had in the centre console and stuffed it into each end of the pipe, I started it and it held, so I limped it back to my flat. In the short time the biro was in the pipe, I think it was only a couple of days but the petrol had melted it when I went to replace the split pipe!
    Those were the days!
    Even back in 1993 Ford were creating bio fuels for their cars. All the local villages/towns around Koln were growing rhubarb, fields and fields of the stuff but what I noticed there was never any rhubarb for sell in the shops, so one day I asked our German boss and he said Ford pays the farmers to grow the stuff as they were experimenting on bio fuels/ethanol for their new engines.

Last edited: 15 September 2021
    Clockwork Orange likes this.