What Will Happen To Your Car When Your Times Up?!?

Discussion in 'Capri Chit Chat' started by weedling, 13 June 2016.

1. weedling

weedling Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Capri
    Might sound an odd subject, but I'm in the process of sorting out my Dad's last will and testament.
    This has got me thinking what could happen to my collection when I pop my clogs.
    I don't have any children who I would of ideally left them too, and my so called siblings would just see pound note signs!
    What are you doing with yours? And any thoughts on the subject?

2. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    Actually, more a common subject than you want to think. I've been assured that I can be buried with one car, but which one, that's the dilemma. Perhaps a family member or two could use the others - All of them too good for my enemies, who can be buried without a ride, and think about what they did. :cigar:

3. PaulG

PaulG Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Capri 3.0S, 2.0S and 1.6 laser, Fiesta MK2 1.1,Octavia VRS,
    This is a real difficult one as I'm in the same situation as you - single with no children. I have made a will leaving everything to my niece and two nephews at present but it's true what you say, they would probably just see £ signs and flog the lot to We Buy Any Car for pennies as none of them are over interested in cars unless it's some modern BMW piece of sh*t. They're also, in fairness, unlikely to have time as they all lead busy lives and have kids of their own. The same would probably happen to my tools and my other collections that I have.

I think the safest thing for me to do is to sell of all the cars and other collections myself when I can no longer restore and repair my own cars and it is time for a Hyundai i10 Automatic and a pipe and slippers. I probably will have to anyway as I do not have much of a pension saved up.

If I still have the cars and my other collections when I pop my clogs I will leave instructions attached to my will with what should be done with them.

4. CapriJake

CapriJake Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Capris!
    Extended family? Family's friends. Friends/Friends kids.

If the cars worth a few quid. Donate to a museum?

As Gary said, do as the Ancient Egyptians did and get buried with everything you need in the after life in the boot with you stuck in the driver seat with a big grin on your face. Turn up to heaven in style. :childish:/>

5. Finn

Finn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri
    I have 5 Capris, so one each to the Grandkids, already signed over, one to my son and one to my daughter, all in the will, last one SWMBO keeps, easy! Finn.

6. fordperv

fordperv Registered Capri Power Member

Mrs fp will get them if I still have the cars then, she can sell them for all I care and enjoy whatever she gets from them, but I think she would keep my mk1 sierra out of all of them for sentimental reasons

7. Rsam280

Rsam280 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Brooklands 280
    Well my uncle passed away in 2012 and his kids were never intrested in his Capri's either. Me and my brother were so we ended up with them, a white laser and the brookie. Me and my brother took the decision to sell on the laser as we didnt really have time or funds to look after both cars, we have however spent the last 4 years maintaining and improvong the brookie. My hope wpuld be that my brother would carry it on and visa versa if anything were to happen or when either of us has kids hopefully they will take it on! But who knows the future!

8. MarkW

MarkW Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Capri 3.0S Janspeed Turbo, Green '81', Ford Mondeo Graphite 'Daily'.
    If kids don't want it. Local Museum.

9. weedling

Drives:
    Capri
    Yeah I thought about that as I'm near Beaulieu, but I wonder if they would sell them at some stage.
    One of my old cars is at the Ford Heritage Museum, and only on speaking to the new owner did I find out that the cars are just donated to the Museum, but are still owned by the owner.
    It may be worth looking into the process donating a car to a Museum on death, and what happens long term?
    I myself have no children, and all of my nieces and nephews do not appreciate classic cars, and don't look after anything.

10. Crash & Burn

Drives:
    Okay, that's convincing. They can have mine, too. :smokin:

11. twin turbo

twin turbo Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    cosworths, capries, xr4i
    just hope someone deserve it gets them, but at the end I cant say anything then anyway so not my problem :childish:

12. Univex

Univex Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Not a 2.8
    Hopefully it'll be a good 40 years away so the car would have rusted away by then.

13. rossored86

rossored86 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    new focus RS is amazing
    Great question.....

but in truth we are all mad as hats--

decide when you have had enough --sell nearly everything --have a big and happy party time and spend the lot --then return with nothing and let the state keep you --if you have worked all your life and paid in then you reap that end of life benefit....

ps
    or
    open up loads of bank accounts (they are greedy buggers so they will let you) --build up a great credit rating with each (just spend small dribs and drabs and be sensible and careful with each account) --and then hit each one for a loan you have no intention of paying back before ya pop ya clogs.....

by my theory --- sell an average house = 250 k plus bank loans at 20k x 20 accounts = 400k
    total to spend = 650k
    that is one hellava party......

then when you've spent the lot -- take yer favourite car --go for a fab drive -- get pissed --find a cliff and yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa go for the last fly by....

in the meantime love every second of every day and fear nothing or no one.

cp

14. Finn

Finn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.9 Mk 3 Capri. 2.8 Mk 3 Capri
    Great idea! Let me know when you set this scheme in place and I will pop over and help you spend it all! Finn.

15. SVTCapri

SVTCapri Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    1989 Pontiac Firebird Formula 305 V8
    By the time I pop my clogs I doubt petrol powered cars will even be legal anymore.

16. weedling

Drives:
    Capri
    Finally got round to speaking to someone at Beaulieu today about car donations and their policy on keeping the vehicle's in the motoring trust.
    I was 90% happy with what was said, but they still leave the door open saying that they do review the stock every 5 years and decide if they keep them or move them on.
    They have taken two of my vehicle details and are having a meeting in two weeks time and will then discuss if they are suitable to show at the museum.
    So hopefully Beaulieu will one day have a 280 and a Tickford Capri on show for future generations to see the beauty and the ugliness of Capri's lol.

17. Crash & Burn

Drives:
    Great, if they get there, we all have a place to haunt for generations to come...I'll turn them sideways at night. :thumbup1:

18. Jasonmarie

Jasonmarie Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mercedes
    Sorry don't post on here much but reading your story I see you have a JPS MK2 is it this one

[​IMG]

As my Nan & grandad had this car and it was going to be kept in the family but his got stolen and we always look to try a replace the car as I grew up with a white JPS mk2 1.6 in white .

Iam 48 now and my grandad is 93 so capris are in our blood there a story about us in the classic ford mag that's out tommorow but I hope my son will have my Capri and be able to keep the maintained .

Iam glad to here that your cars will be on show as I feel that ford cars are all in our hearts and don't get recognised like they should .

All the best

19. panch

panch Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    2.0 LTR LASER. FJR1300. XR4I SIERRA
    Will when i go [​IMG] my capri would be sold to pay for the party