Back at the end of August 2020, I took on a restoration project of mk3 2.8I here in Melbourne for one the nicest blokes you'll ever come across, he was a proud member of our local Capri club and regular attendee of the club, meets, shows and drives. Unfortunately, shortly after I started the project, he was involved in freak accident that took his life. I have been in contact with his family since then, and all they have wanted from that moment is for the car to be restored how he had always wanted. To cut as long story short, the family decided to part with the car and it has now fallen into my hands on the promise that I will finish the few jobs that the car came to me for. I will of course do that without hesitation and plan to take the car back to the family so they can see it restored in the flesh. It's a very original fairly unmolested example of a Capri, and I'm sure happy to be the new owner but I do have a lot of feelings of guilt how it came into my possession. Maybe guilt isn't the right word, I'm not sure what it is, I just feel bad that it was someone else's dream. Here's the car the day I picked it up from the owner for restoration and brought it to work. The 2 areas that need attention are the drivers front wing and the rear tailgate. The car has had a paint blowover at some point and there are signs that the list of jobs will get longer but nothing terminal. Signs of problems deeper than first realised (always the way) Early signs of the usual A post top area starting to suffer. The old öh thats not a jacking point trick. rear tailgate More tailgate Rust right along the lower edge and worse on the return lip. I will be making a new lower skin to repair this area so watch this space... Thats the worst of the car, the rest of it is really quite healthy, the rear lower corners feel like they have been made of filler but the paint looks good and it can wait till further down the track. My first step on this project was to attend to the drivers front wing so off she came. The headlight bowl is still very saveable for a 40 year old car. Just this front section needing replacing. First piece of new metal ready for welding in. Now to make that hole a little bigger.... Thats the bad bit gone. Made a new end. The wing to front panel lower section was all rotten to the core and most of the area where they bolt together was completely missing..... So I made up a new one using a NOS panel that I have as a pattern. Never made one of these before, I'm really happy how it came out. Both repair sections welded in.