Capri 2.8 Injection Mineral Blue over Silver E Reg

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Sean Horsey, 12 May 2021.

1. Sean Horsey

Sean Horsey New Member Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Carri
    Hi thank you for allowing me to join .
    I have very recently purchased a E Reg 2.8
    It is in Mineral Blue over silver .

I was wanting to try and find out how many were made in that colour combination on that year .

I saw a forum comment on line from this group back in 2012 where a member showed his E Reg in that combination and another member saying he believed only 4 remained on E Plates .
    It would be great to know the facts and indeed who might have the remaining 3 !!

I have had a number of people tell me it is wrong and should never have had the silver lower half I was certain I had seen before and the comments I found on here from a number of years ago confirmed that .
    Be great to find out how many were made as I am guessing very few E Plates ( non 280 ) about .

2. 2.8jonny

2.8jonny Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    1983 2.8 injection
    Welcome to the forum. My first capri was mineral blue over strato silver on a 1984 B plate, lovely colour.
    Jonny

3. SIDEWAYS 3.0 GHIA

SIDEWAYS 3.0 GHIA Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    MK3 STRATOS SILVER 3.0 GHIA
    Welcome, sounds a rare one, could have been a special customer request, I'm pretty new to 2.8i ownership with a D reg Special, someone will be able to shed more light on it. Is there much history with the car, ie first owner, my daughter's 63 Cortina was traceable to the day it was built, it all made very interesting reading.

4. 2.8jonny

2.8jonny Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    1983 2.8 injection
    Also could have been unregistered at a dealer for a couple of years before registration maybe, would that skew results?
    Jonny

5. David Moreno

David Moreno Member Capri Power Member

Bienvenido, estás en el lugar correcto, también me acabo de unir;)

6. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Glasgow Subway- Keeping it simple since 1896 Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    the age of the Capri is found by decoding the chassis number - GAECxx12345 - where xx is the year and month...
    E-reg is beyond the last build date (1986 December) so as always theres a discrepancy trying to 'age' a car that way ..
    if you look in the lower boot area, beside the spare wheel, there will be a sticker giving you the colour, XSC code and paint manufacturer id.. 2 colour cars got 2x sticky labels !!
    usually on the left side by the washer bottle & pump, but sometimes on the right side, near where the fuel accumulator mounting screws are..

7. eau de cologne

eau de cologne Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    sorned capris
    There was a local garage near me who used to age their cars that way, it had loads of Sierras parked up outside in the weather gaining an extra year I suppose they didn't have licence plates, suddenly went out of business, maybe they got found out.

Bert

Last edited: 13 May 2021
  8. caprinerd

caprinerd Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    people mad, round the bend, up the wall, crazy and nuts
    Welcome aboard

9. stevo

stevo Registered Capri Power Member

Congratulations on your purchase

If it’s the car I think it is that you have bought, I reckon your colour scheme is meant to be Titan Grey over Strato Silver. Mineral Blue was not available on the later cars from memory as I can’t remember seeing a later D or E reg Capri in this colour unless it was a special order. Happy to be corrected on this of course.

“D295SNS” is a mint Titan Grey Special that has been owned by a couple of CP forum members in the past, often mistaken for blue, looks very like the top colour on your car Mineral Blue is too bright to be your colour in my opinion.

15E3D839-4709-43AE-ACEA-ADBA0C4A0573.jpeg

D8B018B2-F9A0-4291-89E1-24FF4923D2E3.jpeg

10. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    In any case, if you drive it like it's a Capri, what are we gonna do?
    Congrats on your smile, and welcome here.

11. trevster mk 2

trevster mk 2 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    mk 2 2.9 cosworth boa ghia
    indeed welcome colour not important as long as it drives and can give you plenty of smile per gallon :)

12. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Glasgow Subway- Keeping it simple since 1896 Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    get you and your Capri some diary space - write your Capris providence up in a 'Members Capri' thread ..

SIDEWAYS 3.0 GHIA likes this.
  13. stevo

stevo Registered Capri Power Member

Apologies OP if my post about the colour of your purchase is/was a bit anorak-ish and absolutely no criticism was meant in the slightest folks.

It’s a nice car from what I saw (if it’s the one I think it is) and did fancy a having a bid on it myself if I am honest, especially as it was registered in my home area

trevster mk 2 likes this.