Junior's Cosworth Mk3

Discussion in 'Members Capris' started by FordFan96, 20 July 2021.

1. FordFan96

FordFan96 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Ford Capri Mk3 Laser
    Hello all and welcome to my project thread.

Had this Capri for nearly 6 years now and it's been a mix of lack of funds, lack of time and lack of space that has stopped progress but the last year or so has seen a lot of progress and I am hoping to have her on the road next year.

So..I bought her off eBay as a rolling shell for £1200 to learn about cars, own a classic and hopefully make some money in the process. It was a father/son project but sadly the father had passed away. It slipped through the net on eBay somehow, went unsold so I messaged the seller and a week later I was travelling 250 miles to pick her up. A very solid shell with one crusty arch, a bit in the engine bay and a few other bits. It came with the original 2.0 pinto, a "2.1 pinto" on bike carbs and quite rare red strobe front seats with fishnet headrests. Overall, it was an absolute bargain and the family were great. I have sold the 2.1 as it was not the 205 block and had no proof of it being a 2.1. So far I have had the welding done (good) and he "undersealed" it (very bad), had it sent off to be resprayed (okay) and had most components sand blasted and powdercoated. I had very little money to put towards it at the start so I didn't have the money to get the best work done but I just wanted her on the road. The plan is to get some extra oomph into the Eurostang so I decided to go for the Cossie BOB V6 from the Scorpio. I bought a Scorpio for £400 and still yet to get the engine out. Here's some photos and I will try to keep you all up to date! Enjoy the millions of photos and feel free to comment! I have attached the album on Google photos. Let me know if it works.

2. FordFan96

FordFan96 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Ford Capri Mk3 Laser
    This was the trip home and in her temporary accomodation.
    20160730_162243.jpg

Crash & Burn likes this.
  3. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    One pic and your hopes came through just fine. Congrats on coming up in life..:)