Phoebe

Discussion in 'Members Capris' started by caprinerd, 14 May 2021.

1. caprinerd

caprinerd Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    people mad, round the bend, up the wall, crazy and nuts
    Took deliver of Phoebe today for some necessary work for one of our members RWoodward, looking a little sorry for herself but the first thing is to get her running right and sorting brakes, i have a list for the MOT failure and to those that dont really know much it looks scary, but i have gone through the list with Ross and assured him its not as bad as he thinks, i will run this diary for the work that we are both going to do on Phoebe,
    131703174_144072983920083_577125764153822642_n.jpg
    The first thing some of you will notice is the rims not even Capri and running 185/60-13 straight away that will give a hint to what they are off
    133682610_668752747153186_43087768899753165_n.jpg
    it was delivered by a guy ive known for year and was also good to catch up with him as well, garage that the car was picked up from had left her just sitting for 8 weeks and when i looked both battery terminals were loose, so flat battery and was not going to start, Ross had a mate with him in his black 2.8 and we jump started Phoebe and she fired up ran a tad rough but then twin 40`s and no choke didnt help, i drove it from the pub to my house a 1 min walk, and she pulled like a train, when i stopped i gave it a few revs and shut engine off, on trying to restart i could tell the timing is a mile out and far to advanced, garage told Ross the engine needs a complete rebuild, and if he supplies the engine they will do all the work and it would cost him about 2k or some stupid price but they also wanted something like 8 house to remove a 2.0 Pinto or at least thats what Gail thinks she heard him say
    so Ladies and Gentleman, be careful out there, we`ve all heard of Robin Hood, but there are also some called Robin Bast**ds as well, ive told Ross i dont want anything for doing this just the money for parts which i will give him all the receipts for
    She started life as a 1.6 Laser and looking at the colour id say she was the same as Penny, she is now fitted with a 2.0 but need to check to see if the rear end is standard or changed, for the rear brakes

So this is the start of the diary for Ross and Phoebe

2. capri280

capri280 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Wife MAD!!!!
    good to see there are still great people out there will to help instead of what can they get out of it, will follow this one and loo forward to seeing the end result

2.8jonny likes this.
  3. Lord Flasheart

Lord Flasheart Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Panzer, Jeep, CBR600, 3.0 Ghia
    And so the adventure begins :)

Keep the story coming Rog ;)

4. caprinerd

Drives:
    Just ordered in a new slide hammer/back hammer as i know there is a dodgy rear wheel bearing, had issues in the past removing the shafts so want to be ready, my old one vanished when i moved, will keep this upto date as myself and Ross go along with her.

5. SIDEWAYS 3.0 GHIA

SIDEWAYS 3.0 GHIA Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    MK3 STRATOS SILVER 3.0 GHIA
    I made myself a slide hammer years ago, mate loaned it to do his axle oh 30 years ago, now I want one to do my axles, guess I will have to make another.

6. Rwoodward123

Rwoodward123 Member Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Ford capri laser
    Thanks Roger, I really appreciate your help. It's nice to see there are good people out there still.

Before phoebe went into the local cowboys/garage I had an old school mobile mechanic come out and get her started, I was having issues with the coil, he wired a wire from the battery to the coil then to the starter and she fired up, he then adjusted the 40's to pass emissions.

Yes Gail did hear correctly, the garage wanted to charge me £2000 for the work.
    They wanted to charge me £1000 ish now I use the word ish as there could be slippage ( the price could be more he said ) this was to change the brakes and get it through the mot. I said " get it done please I'm back from the states in 7 weeks I just want her on the road" they had already had my car a week at this point.

7 weeks went by I arrived back in the UK to expect my phoebe running, instead I got a wave of excuses. "the compression is far to low it won't pass emissions:, "it's a miracle she runs", "it needs an engine rebuild". This is when I asked a capri guru his thoughts ( Roger) what the garage was telling me just didn't feel right because she started, she went like a rocket so I couldn't see how it needed it.

Moving on, I asked the garage to give me a quote to rebuild phoebe. I did indeed get quoted 7/8 hours labour to remove a pinto. The words the garage used and I quote "it's not a quick job" thus making the bill £2000 if I went ahead with out a new engine which I'd have to supply myself.

I decided to decline their quote of £2000+ And collect my car, I phoned the garage on the Tuesday and told them midday Friday I will be collecting my capri, can you have everything ready. I arrived at the garage at 11.30am on the Friday to find my capri outside right at the back of their yard under a cover, I asked them to get the car out for me.

To top it off Phoebe wouldn't start because she had been left for 7/8 so long she had a flat battery.

Last edited: 15 May 2021
  7. Crash & Burn

Crash & Burn Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    '77 Mk II JPS '76 Mk II JPS
    It sounds rather like your car was in the way of the garage making even more from other customers. And like they somehow have plenty of them. The way of the auto repair world is changing. Shops act like customers owe them a guaranteed sustenance, and acquiescence to the shop's "policies" or convenience, as if we work for them (or for their computer). And modern car owners give it up with little question. You and your expectations, just a misfit to them. After all, they exist to make money, not satisfied customers. It's a mentality running on low compression!

Not_Anumber and Rwoodward123 like this.
  8. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Glasgow Subway- Keeping it simple since 1896 Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    - Capri II '78 series V8 -
    Instant perfect update.. put the rear louvre on eBay and get cash for the wheel bearings..
    fit straight bar bumpers and fill in the 2 rectangular holes in each front & rear quarters.. the Capri actually looks really quite good..
    the sevenspokes look relly good, nd I hope that isnt a crack in the windscreen..
    any electrical issues - gimme a shout..
    this forum really proves that fb is not a safe environment ..

Rwoodward123 likes this.
  9. caprinerd

Drives:
    no crack Al just a reflection and the rear louvers have been stuck on with mastic as it was a Laser shell so bonded rear screen, interior has bits missing, and body work needs a lot of sorting, but the reason its here is to sort the bits for the mot and to make the car safe, the rest will be down to Ross as and when he can but i will be here if he does need a hand with anything at all

10. Rwoodward123

Rwoodward123 Member Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Ford capri laser
    I agree with Roger she does look really rough which is a real shame, because she went from looking like this only a few years ago to what you see now.

upload_2021-5-16_14-52-53.png

When it is road worthy and safe I will be getting it resprayed to finish her off.

11. caprinerd

Drives:
    Ross came over this morning and we got started on the rear end before the heavens opened and stopped play, but got arse up and on stands, took wheels off the back end and the spacers were removed so i could get the drums off, drivers side drum nearly fell off, and the passenger side took a little work as it was binding, looking over the brakes there was a very very slight dampness on one wheel cylinder, but not pouring out, shoes have plenty of meat on them both sides, the adjusters are both seized so a good clean up and some soaking will sort that issue, i was told by Ross the garage told him the whole brake system needs replacing as well, there is a very slight play in the bearing on one side, so wheel cylinder and bearing are to be picked up next week, i removed the diff cover as this does need replacing due to a leak (we all know about that one) but also the tube and bush for the hand brake rod to slide is rotted off and run away, i do have a good spare cover so will put this on for him, the oil in the diff was not that bad with no metal in it and the diff condition is very good, considering this was used on a track it was a very nice surprise for me to see, i have a couple of sets of wheels and showed Ross and he has chose a set he wants, the rear springs have seen better days so have advised him it will be better to change them and he has decided to go single leaf, so will order those in tonight for him, the flexi pipe is on the back has, at some point, been painted black so will be changing all the flexi pipes, and checking all metal pipes through the car to make sure they are free from any corrosion, once the rear end is completed i will look at the steering and all work on the front end

note the spring, also note the U Clamps cheep nasty and not to safe in my view so have said to ross we will change them as im really not happy with them, and also notice the hand brake rod just hanging also no bump stops on either side
    IMG-20210521-WA0008.jpg
    Wheels Ross has chose to use13" with a 7J
    IMG-20210521-WA0007.jpg
    better view of the diff cover and handbrake rod
    IMG-20210521-WA0006.jpg
    Diff cover off, at some point the diff cover has been removed and painted, but when put back on used the same gasket and mastic this is where rain stopped play
    The wet patch on the floor is rain water and not diff gear oil all oil was caught in my oil bowl for the environmentalist amongst us and all my oil is taken to a recycling centre when i have a few gallons as my nearest one is 20 miles away
    IMG-20210521-WA0004.jpg
    i will be back on things tomorrow weather permiting, we have a Capri meet coming up soon and would like to get Ross done for that so fingers crossed for the dead line

12. Clockwork Orange

Clockwork Orange Glasgow Subway- Keeping it simple since 1896 Staff Member Moderator

Drives:
    love the wheels..
    rear ARB bushes are totally wrong.. - get a set proper off Martin @ Capri Gear
    U-bolts get my Goat.. have a word with Mick Ward for a proper set of Ford Capri Ubolts for the multi-leafs.. proper finis code is 6042410 - dont dick about!!

13. caprinerd

Drives:
    have just been told about the cci version and asked about tensile strength also going to run single leaves not multi, the bushes will be replace as i dont like the look of the fit and think they are more set for the 2.8 as he 1.6 is a smaller diameter bar

14. trevster mk 2

trevster mk 2 Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    mk 2 2.9 cosworth boa ghia
    not wanting to be critical but arb looks a bit out of shape, mine was bent so sourced a decent one, nice car and job though :)

15. caprinerd

Drives:
    Trev you are right is does look at will have a look tomorrow,

16. caprinerd

Drives:
    New springs on order new set of tyres on order, ive been flexed out from work Tuesday so will be back on her then

Rwoodward123 likes this.
  17. caprinerd

Drives:
    well didnt get the chance to do anything mon or tue but got started on her today started of by trying to remove the rear springs and as i expected, never going to come off quietly so new shackles and bolts required,, axle did come off easier than expected but then the bolts that came off ok were loose,
    New tyres arrived and so have the new rear springs, just as well as there was a snapped spring i found on removal,
    20210528_122346.jpg 20210528_122355.jpg
    when i pulled the axle out and put it on to a work mate, may have been easier if id removed the wheels before lifting but it was up there so i decided to strip down the nearside and i needed to do a wheel cylinder and also a bearing on that side
    so out with the new slide hammer stripped brakes off and as i expected the self adjuster was locked solid, so pulled the half shaft and the bearing came out with it, have had them leave the outer case in the tube at times, but this came out a treat, removed old one and replaced it, cleaned the axle up a bit but still needs washing down, free the adjuster up so it now operates as it should and put a thin coat of copper slip on

20210528_122240.jpg 20210528_122213.jpg
    replaced the leaking wheel cylinder with new and re-installed the brakes, these could have been replaced but the linings are ok and not contaminated at all, so refitted them (trying to keep costs down to a min)so thats one side all done juyst the off side to clean and free the adjuster
    20210528_131830.jpg
    i spent the rest of the time cleaning crud off other parts such as ARB D-bush brackets diff cover spring mounting plates and so on
    i cut the springs off for now but will be getting the big cutter out to get the rest of it all out

Last edited: 28 May 2021
    2.8jonny and Rwoodward123 like this.
  18. Crash & Burn

Drives:
    On the other side of the world, I did much the same job yesterday, rear end and springs out. Just haven't yet coaxed the drums off.

19. caprinerd

Drives:
    done a little bit more today with Ross here as well, strip the brakes off on the other side of the axle checked them over checked adjuster and copper slipped it washed axle down painted it up checked a few little bits out like non working number plate lights (were working when we checked) id already sorted the washer jets and sorted loose wiring, there is movement in the rack so new bushes on order, no photos but just a quick up date

20. caprimk3

caprimk3 Richard Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Mondeo Mk3, 78' Capri 2.3S
    Good work is going on here!

I'm stumpted why such cowboy garages is still in the business..
    Engine out on a Capri is 1 hour job, not 8!
    Heck I removed a BMW E21 323 engine and gearbox by myself in the 90s under a hour with no air tools!
    From I opened the bonnet till the engine was out and I had never worked one such car before..

Those Flo Flex is totally rubbish even if they had the right spec fitted, but obviously the arb bush is far too big for the arb.

Rwoodward123 and caprinerd like this.
  21. caprinerd

Drives:
    got some more bits done today but not all photos have down loaded so only a few to see
    first off i cleaned the diff face and greased it up and put new gasket on cleaned cover face and also greased it before putting it back on 25 Lb torque setting on the ten bolts seems very little could some one confirm that this is correct before i go putting oil in
    20210605_110640.jpg
    20210605_110957.jpg
    Springs are mounted up front with new fixings, had same issue here as i did on my Penny one side came off nice but had to cut the other side out, but this time i didnt cut into the bone on the knuckle, so Rog 1 Phoebe 0, cleaned and greased the spring mount faces so no bed spring noises, (us of a certain age know the noise only to well)
    20210605_121440.jpg
    20210605_121435.jpg
    I have also now fitted the handbrake rod and cable rear shackles connected the shocks, brake pipe, connected the prop and for now fitted the u bolts that were on there but these are to be changed as soon as the others get here, a new brake hose is being fitted as well but this will be one of the last jobs i do on the axle before i pressure bleed the complete system
    so thats it for now

Crash & Burn likes this.
  22. Crash & Burn

Drives:
    Rog, can you eliminate the UPC codes from the springs? They're not period correct - I mean, if I was the MOT inspector...:)

There must be a CP sticker just the right size...

Last edited: 6 June 2021
    Clockwork Orange likes this.
  23. 9 pence

9 pence Established Member Capri Power Member

Drives:
    Capri
    Nice work. The rear axle cover bolts torque to 26 to 33 lb ft from ford workshop manual.

24. Clockwork Orange

Drives:
    also worth noting - those damn cover bolts are 3/8" hex - not 10mm, hence why the socket skips !!
    however the threads are standard M8 -
    So, when replacing - fit standard Stainless Steel 13hex M8 thread set screws, with a standard SS washer..

070415ac new diff pan & ssbolts.JPG

no worries ever again !!

SIDEWAYS 3.0 GHIA likes this.
  25. caprinerd

Drives:
    Not period correct and also not correct springs for a laser, im not sure but i dont think Ross will mind them as he will be getting her back and raod worthy when done but as you say im sure, if he did want to lose the bar code, there would be a CP sticker somewhere to delete them, good call on that Gaz

May have a look see what i have at work as we use SS set screws on quite a few areas on the Exige and Elise
    Cheers Al

Thanks 9pence great help
    by the way great user name

26. caprinerd

Drives:
    Right been on her again today
    Got the axle all bolted in shocks shackles all done new rear brake hose refitted the copper brake pipe and looks so much better, oil in diff, all dry please to say still seems a very low torque, just over finger tight, brakes are bled at the back and hand brake adjusted will say to Ross that the cable could do with replacing as its out to the max but works on four clicks, got wheels on with the new tyres and dropped her down, got front end up and adjusted the off side bearing a tad, metal brake pipe from caliper will require one being made but not hard job new flexi hoses are ready to go on, have new exhaust rubbers to go on and new rack bushes to go on and need to look at the nearside lower ball joint as it is meant to have a damaged rubber boot on it so will check this tomorrow
    few other little bits to do after this and then down for her ticket
    have no pics as phone died so will get some tomorrow for you all

Lord Flasheart likes this.
  27. Lord Flasheart

Drives:
    Excellent progress mate :)

28. Crash & Burn

Drives:
    A flurry of progress - must be in the running for the coveted Most Improved Capri of the Year award. Go, Rog, go...:)

29. caprinerd

Drives:
    been out on her again today, and today was sort rack time,
    Got her up and decided to tackle the drivers side bracket to start with, went to take alternator off to gain better access and the bottom bolt was a single long bolt that would not come out as it hit the rad so out with the rad to get alternator out
    the bolt to the rear was only hand tight and front one was on right 20210612_114219.jpg
    removed bracket and bush which was shot 20210612_124003.jpg

That is how it came out i didnt cut it
    20210612_125803.jpg
    cleaned area up and fitted new bush
    cleaned and painted bracket then moved to the other side
    as i lay under there i felt a drip and wondered what it was turned out to be petrol
    20210612_114159.jpg
    turns out that apart from the carbs them selves no pipes have clips on looked deeper into things, only three bolts hold engine and gearbox together so this will be sorted out as well, also the starter has 2 bolts instead of the three its ment to have so will sort this as well 20210612_141614.jpg
    cable ties to hold filter in pipes
    20210612_141709.jpg 20210612_143317.jpg 20210612_143336.jpg
    All safe again now back to the other bush 20210612_135921.jpg
    yep knackered so cleaned area fitted new bush and re clamped and all locking tabs have been used this time 20210612_114239.jpg
    ball joint rubber is another job on the failure sheet, also front brake hoses and a pipe as well

30. kenny james

kenny james Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    3.0 GXL
    A long list but your quickly getting through it. Should drive nice when all the jobs are done.

31. caprimk3

Drives:
    Good work.

32. Lord Flasheart

Drives:
    Rog is a man on a mission :)

33. caprinerd

Drives:
    Im going on a road trip wed to Winchester about 3 to 3.5 hours away to collect two doors for Ross he has just bought, Its my wedding anniversary and Gail (my lady wife) was the one that said we could go get them and make a day of things, take in a few sights and have a meal as well, Ross has said he is going to pay for the fuel and also give us some money for food and drinks as well, so roll on wed

34. Clockwork Orange

Drives:
    the ball-joint gaiter and the TCA sway bar rubber look way over age,, so betting the inner is no better..
    quicker to just fit new TCAs..
    I have heard nowadays you dont get the spacer tube with the TCAs anymore which is major disappointing, cos no doubt it will be wrecked too..

thrust washers (4) ford finis code - 1411933
    or - https://www.grp4fabrications.com/anti-roll-bar-washer - £2.11 each, I thought was a bit dear, but then.. £43 for 4 outta burtons !!:eek:

ARB tube spacer (2) ford finis code - 1404306
    seen a supplier on eGay at £8.20 a pair +P&P - https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/1809747494

but I think I would be sending Martin an enquiry first:cool:

35. caprimk3

Drives:
    Rog, have a great trip!

I did a 4 hour ( one way) trip yesterday to Stavanger. Great to be able to see the somewhere else for a change.
    Did a 5 hour (one way) trip last week in stunning weather most of the way.

36. caprinerd

Drives:
    picked the doors up, rust free, one has a slight dent but most will suck out and finish off with a light skim, also got the rad panel and this is in better condition than the one that was on it, and better than mine to be honest, fitted it on un painted to see how it sits against the alloy rad no mods needed glad to say, i sorted the seats out properly today and greased the runners as well, fitted new nut to the front right drivers seat as this was no where to be seen so fitted new nut in holder and jobs a gooden

37. Clockwork Orange

Drives:
    Doing good things Rog
    Enjoying your running commentary
    Take it the TCAs and ARB joints are all sorted now..

38. caprinerd

Drives:
    not yet been chucking it down but did bleed the brakes through and fit a new handbrake cable and been through the list of MOT jobs and very little to go now, TCA being one i need to do, im dropping the exhaust system and putting sealing paste on all joints and putting new rubbers on, and have a tad to sort out on the front valence and that is pretty much it for the MOT stuff

39. Lord Flasheart

Drives:
    Excellent progress mate ;)

40. caprinerd

Drives:
    Still waiting on tca`s and oil seal for the tail of the gearbox, so decided to remove the exhaust system and put sealent on and refit straight, whilst doing this Ross turned up had a chat to let him know there is not much more to do for the MOT he is away for three weeks sowill be already for him by the time he gets back, if these parts ever get here, i am in need of one wheel stud if anyone has any

41. Clockwork Orange

Drives:
    over the counter at Ford?.. as per recently??
    I have old ones at home, would quite happily fling in a jiffy bag for ya..
    but I wont be there till the 5th July ...

42. caprinerd

Drives:
    Thats fine mate they should be here very soon, coming direct from ford with new rubbers and also the oil seal for the rear of the box, were ment to be here on friday or sat so im off tomorrow and hope they are here then so i can get it done

43. caprinerd

Drives:
    just need a brake servo for her now or is it possible to open it up and repair

44. caprinerd

Drives:
    I have taken the servo out and it rattles really nice as the vacuum plate has blown so now acquired the chickens teeth and will be fitting it Friday

Crash & Burn likes this.
  45. caprinerd

Drives:
    Will get.pics of it a a video of the rattle as well, not nice

46. Crash & Burn

Drives:
    I do know of a couple of places here that rebuild servos, should anyone be that desperate.

47. caprinerd

Drives:
    There are places here to refurb but when I say the vacuum plate has been destroyed the price goes right up and not paying over £250 for it when I can import for just under£200

48. Crash & Burn

Drives:
    Agreed, the savings can be better spent on fuel & (s)miles on the clock. :)

49. caprinerd

Drives:
    been a bit since i posted pics up
    a few little jobs i wanted to do for Ross was to change the handbrake bush as the old one in there was very brittle also wanted to sort his starting issue out as the carbs had a manual choke system and there was no choke cable on the car, and i mounted the servo up so all i need to do now is test drive for brakes and book MOT
    IMG-20210724-WA0006.jpeg IMG-20210724-WA0001.jpeg IMG-20210724-WA0004.jpeg

50. caprinerd

Drives:
    Oh the wires in there are meant for spot lights which are very thin and there is no relay wired in so this is another thing i will be sorting for him whilst he is away for another 3 weeks,
    the engine the garage wanted 8 hours to remove because its knackered and needs replacing, all I've done to this engine is adjust the timing a tad and balance the carbs which were a tad out, the engine has had a lot of money thrown at it in the past, and i think, my own personal way of thinking, the garage knew this, as they said it needs a total rebuild but Ross had to supply the engine to put in it, do the math its not hard to work out, or is that jus the way i think
    I will continue to up date this thread as she goes along on her next step of the journey to becoming a tidy road car again, as i expect Ross will as well

Last edited: 25 July 2021
  51. Lord Flasheart

Drives:
    Good update mate ;)

52. SIDEWAYS 3.0 GHIA

SIDEWAYS 3.0 GHIA Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    MK3 STRATOS SILVER 3.0 GHIA
    This is going back a fair while, but at the auctions, to get a cheap car, certain people would swop the plugs around to get a miss fire or a non runner, think the garage were after a cheap pinto.

53. caprinerd

Drives:
    did that at the wembley car auction MK5 tina 2.0 gl wanted it for cabbing swapped leads and loosened dizzy cap paid £25 for it and it lasted 4 years

54. Clockwork Orange

Drives:
    the photo looking down on the M/c & Servo is particularly blurry.. Whats the bright yellow stripes?
    also in the pic, appears to be red butts on the reverse lamp wiring to the gearbox.. Wassat then ??
    hey Rog.. not your usual standard of pic at all..
    However will say that your dealings with this one have reaped a reward that Ross probably thought were miles away .. Well Done Squire..

55. caprinerd

Drives:
    the yellow stripe Al is the wires they used for the spots, how the hell these didnt melt is a shock to me i will get a clear pic and use another wire for you to gauge the size of this wire, i would use this sort of wire when doing soldering on a radio, i was fighting with one of the dogs who demands my attention when ever she is near me, so was a little shake when clicking Al im profound apologies to you, i have gone out side and had a good stiff talking to my self about it as well

56. Clockwork Orange

Drives:
    :D:D:D
    just thought maybe you clicked the pic as you fell off the step..
    I'll get ma coat

57. caprinerd

Drives:
    exit is this way Al >>>>>>>>>>>>

58. Lord Flasheart

Drives:
    :D:D

An awful lot of good works have been done to this car, keep at it Rog, just smarten up on the pics :rolleyes: & for gawds sake don't forget to click the full size image, or you will send the honourable member for elastictrickery into a dark place :D:D:D

59. caprinerd

Drives:
    All hail the buzz fizz fook it god
    Lol

60. caprinerd

Drives:
    As promised Al the yellow line bit for you
    washer jet tube for scale
    20210726_113611.jpg
    what ive been working with today
    20210726_113700.jpg 20210726_113716.jpg 20210726_113722.jpg
    And of course the special electrician power connection
    20210726_113944.jpg
    well mounted bumper and also put the spots on with better gauge wire and also fitted a relay and used decent connectors, spots not to everyones taste but like Ross i like them, i know the bumper needs tidying but its to get it through its MOT, also for the purists, i know the number plate is 10mm to high but as said its to get the car on the road with a full MOT so thins like this can be addressed as and when needed

61. caprinerd

Drives:
    Forgot the last pic so here you go IMG-20210726-WA0002.jpeg

Lord Flasheart likes this.
  62. Clockwork Orange

Drives:
    that yellow wiring was... something else..
    take it better wired now .. that was utterly shocking ..

63. caprinerd

Drives:
    im no expert Al but come on not even i do that crap, its all done right now as said including a relay added all connectors are crimper and on some as they are in areas of wet getting to them ive heat shrunk for extra safety Phoebe is now booked in for her MOT but wont say when as Ross reads this and he is away and dont want him getting nervous whilst out on training or what ever the army has him doing for three weeks

64. caprinerd

Drives:
    today was D-Day for phoebe, booked in for her MOT at 1pm, last night give her the once over twice as i always do and bang no washer jets, checked the pump out and al working ok, so this morning did a little searching and decided to use the rear wash button as there is no rear one on her, quick wire up and boom she works again, took her to my MOT man, she has passed with one advisory, a patch that needs sorting about the size of an old penny, thats for us old ones to remember, so thats another capri on the road,
    I have messaged Ross through Whatsapp thing so he will know by now, and no doubt there will be more to this thread in the future as she evolves

9 pence and Clockwork Orange like this.
  65. kenny james

kenny james Registered Capri Power Member

Drives:
    3.0 GXL
    Good job, should make a great runner.

66. Clockwork Orange

Drives:
    nice one Rog..

check the earth connexion on the stalk for the washers - its a chassis connexion..
    red wire off the pump straight to fuse1 under the hood

67. caprinerd

Drives:
    earth on stalks was checked so will check other areas as you have said l

68. Lord Flasheart

Drives:
    Excellent result Rog :):)

69. Crash & Burn

Drives:
    On the road, superb!

70. caprinerd

Drives:
    right have give it the once over twice and they have wired the pump with a live to switch and earth to body in stead of earth to switch and live to ignition power only so will have a look see what is going on there

71. Clockwork Orange

Drives:
    put the wiring colours up at the switch and the pump !